Chapter Seven

Travis Pov:
Okay, maybe I should elaborate. Katelyn karate-chopped the lamp, then picked it up off the ground, pulled the plug out of the wall(because even in her rage she's still smart) and crushed the lightbulb in her fist.

Damn she's scary I thought as I watched the blood running down her wrist.

I love her even more for that.

Laurence Pov:
After Travis calmed Katelyn down, and was helping her bandage her hand, Zane told the story.

"We were all just hanging out, when the doorbell rang. Aph got up to get the door, but a few moments later we heard the door slam so I went to check on her. I found her curled up in a fetal position against the wall. I carried her back to the living room and set her with Aaron. Then Garroth and I checked outside, where we found a lump covered in blood. I immediately recognized him as Ein," Katelyn growled. "So after we recovered from the shock, Garroth dragged him inside while I got Kawaii-Chan to call you all here."

"You brought him into the house!?" Katelyn shrieked.

"I couldn't just leave him to stain Aph's porch, it would have been ugly." Zane said, not even joking. "Besides, Ein is supposed to be dead. We have to figure out how he's here."

Katelyn grumbled, but stayed quiet.

"Anyway." Zane continued, "We brought him in and told Kawaii-Chan what was happening, then took him into the guest room. A few minutes later, you all arrived."

"Soo... you didn't restrain him in any way?" Rowan asked.

This time it was Garroth that answered. "No. He's half dead and weak from blood loss. He's not going anywhere."

Rowan nodded.

Aaron raised his hand. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but can I ask... who is Ein? I've heard that name before, when you guys talked about Starlight, but I don't remember who he was."

We all stared at him. It wasn't often that I forgot about his memory loss, but this was one of those rare times that I had. In fact, he had been sitting so quietly, barely moving, that I forgot he was there.

Aaron used to be such a huge presence in the room, even when he was being quiet, that it was impossible not to notice him. Now, despite not having changed in size, he seemed much smaller. He had shrunk into himself. It was a disconcerting change.

Finally, Lucinda shook herself out of her stupor and answered Aaron.

"Ein was a horrible, horrible person who nearly killed you and Aphmau multiple times. He was killed eventually, so we don't know how he is here now."

"Oh. Hey, I have another question." Aaron said.

Lucinda nodded at him to continue.

"Where's Aphmau? I felt her get up a few minutes ago, but none of you reacted so I assumed she had gone to get or do something, but it's been a bit and I haven't heard her come back. Where'd she go?"