Chapter Fifteen

Ein Pov:
Someone knocked on the door in the middle of Garroths 236th door joke. Yes, I counted. I also stored them away in my brain for future use.

"Come in!" Garroth said. A black haired werewolf opened the door. To my shock, his eyes were nearly all white. The irises and pupils were a pale gray and slightly filmed.

"Hey Garroth I know you're busy but..." He paused and turned his head in my direction, his eyes settling somewhere above my head. "Who's this?"

"This is the guy that has everyone all worked up. His name is Ein."

"Umm hi." I said.

He nodded and turned back to Garroth. "I need to talk to the guys in the household. I have something I want to discuss, and Melissa isn't very helpful."

Garroth said, "Alright. I'll call Zane and Travis, if you can find Laurence."

"Okay. Nice meeting you Ein." He left and shut the door softly behind him.

"Who was that?" I asked Garroth. "He doesn't seem to hate me like everyone else does."

"That's Aaron. Be glad he has memory loss, or he would have killed you the moment I dragged you in the door." Garroth told me. He looked solemn for once.

"Memory loss? Wait, killed me?"

"Uh-huh. Out of everybody, he hated you the most. Now of course, he doesn't even remember you."

"Why? Why doesn't he remember me, I mean? I can understand hating me."

Garroth sighed. "It's a long story, but basically he was in an accident that took his memories and his sight. He copes pretty well, but when he woke up he didn't know anybody. Not his friends, his family, even his fiancé."

"He has a fiancé?"

"Yeah. You've met her actually. She spends a lot of time with Aaron, despite not telling him about their former relationship."

"Who is it? And why didn't she tell him?" I wondered.

"It's Aphmau. And she didn't want him to feel awkward around her, since he doesn't remember their relationship."

"That's so sad." My ears lowered.

We sat in silence before Garroth exclaimed, "Oh! I need to call Zane!"

Travis Pov:
Garroth just called me saying Aaron wants to talk with all the guys, and to meet in the room they're keeping Ein in. I opened the door and froze.

So this is Ein, I thought. He didn't look like much. I vaguely remembered seeing him at Phoenix Drop High, but he had changed a bit.

I clenched my fists, but tried to cool down my anger. He doesn't have any memories, I told myself. According to Garroth and Zane, he's different.

But this is the guy that almost killed Aaron and Aph! My brain argued back. He can't be trusted.

Compromise? I told my brain. I won't trust him, but I'll be nice.

My brain stayed silent, so I took that as a yes.

The guys looked up at me as I entered the room.

"Who's this?" Ein asked.

"My name is Travis." I said.

"Cool." I was shocked at how... not mean he was being. Zane and Garroth had mentioned that he wasn't the same person as before, but I had a hard time believing it.

"So now that we're all here, Aaron what did i you want to talk about that you didn't want to say in front of the girls?" Laurence asked.

Aaron shifted rather uncomfortably. "Well... it's about Aphmau." I perked up. Maybe he's remembered something?

"Go on." Zane encouraged him.

Aaron's ears twitched nervously. "Well, I talked to Melissa yesterday because I realized I felt kind of weird around Aphmau. She told me we had been best friends," Zane winced, and Garroth looked pained. Why would you say that, Melissa? I groaned internally. You basically just friendzoned Aph from Aaron.

"And I wanted to talk to Aphmau about it, cause I felt bad for basically ignoring her this whole time. So I stressed about it all night before knocking on her door. Turns out she was in the shower, so we couldn't talk. I thought 'Hmm, she usually takes hour long showers, so I'll just have to wait.' And then I thought 'Isn't it a little weird for her to be up this early?' and I realized I basically have her entire schedule memorized. Then I thought about how I've been feeling towards her recently, and I realized... I think I make get have a crush on her."

We all sat in shocked silence for a minute. Then Garroth burst out laughing.

Laurence Pov:
Oh my Irene. It's chaos in here.

After Garroth started giggling and fell on the floor, Travis joined him in his merriment. Ein looked shell-shocked, and a little like he might join Travis and Garroth on the floor sometime soon. Zane had an expression like he had just taken a bite out of a lemon.

I sat there staring at Aaron. He... had a crush on Aphmau? A chuckle burst from my lips.

Aaron looked extremely confused. Who wouldn't, though? You tell your friends you have a crush on someone you're told is your best friend, and your bros start laughing? I mean, if I told everyone I had feelings for Ga- never mind.

HA!

See ya!

-Mags