~ Luthor the Hero ~

Three hours earlier, Insurgent Lex is fixing up the suit after retrieving the weapon from Insurgent Deathstroke. While doing some final changes, he hears the news in the room.

"Details from Stryker's Island are still sketchy. Insurgent forces attacked there nearly ninety minutes ago. What? Andre's there now? Let's go live to Andre Garcia. Andre?" 

"Thanks, Rob. It's chaos out here. High Councilor Superman and his One Earth forces are battling waves of giant, insect-like sea creatures. The metahumans are holding on their own. But the regular military is in disarray."

"With Batman in custody is there any sign of who's directing this attack?"

After placing down his panel, Insurgency Lex eats the pill and decides to wear the suit.

"No idea. Can't see enough from our vantage point."

"Have the creatures breached the prison's defenses?"

"Doesn't look like it. So far the fighting is focused on the prison's perimeter."

"Seal appendage armor. Activate reactor core. Begin pre-flight check." Insurgent Luthor said.

"All Systems nominal. All inputs tethered. Neutral command schema now online."

Upon suiting up Insurgent Lex is all ready to head to the battlefield at Stryker's. As he flies through Metropolis, suddenly two homing missiles seems to follow him as Lex tries to divert it away from him but it fails as he falls down upon getting hit by the missiles and later lands hard onto the Regime truck. Soon he gets up to check on his armor.

"Damaged assessment."

"Reserve energy drained. Engaging solar recharge. Propulsion system offline."

"How long?" he asked as he gets down from the truck.

"Full restoration in fifteen minutes."

"Damn."

To makes matters worse, another Regime truck stops near him as it turns out to be Joker and Harleen driving it. It also turns out that it was the Joker who shoots Insurgent Lex down.

"Humpty Dumpty fell through a truck... Humpty Dumpty's suit is all f--"

"Love the color. Matches your eyes."

"It is... quite spiffy..."

"Unless you want Superman to succeed, step aside. Both of you." I.Luthor ordered.

"You trying to beat Superman? Your bestest buddy?" Harleen asked in confusion.

"A deception. Created so I could aid the Insurgency."

"Well, then. How 'bout we share! Be a doll, will you? Help Mister Luthor out of my suit." Joker suggested with a smile.

"With pleasure, hon!"

"I don't think so."

While Harleen proves to be worthy, Insurgent Lex didn't use his full power as he knows that she can't take him down. Even her pie bomb that explodes at him didn't even leave a mark on his armor. The only thing Lex do is disarming her weapons and push her down without injuring her. Harleen knew she has lost and gives up while Joker who was watching the battle is not amused.

"Do yourself a favor, Harleen... Stay away from him."

Fed up, Joker gets down from the truck and walks near Harleen.

"She can't quit, she's fired! Can't have your stink rubbing off on me."

Harleen was utterly shocked.