Chapter 5: The Lions Den

A/n: I'm back better than ever my peeps! I can not thank you enough for 136 reads. All of you all who are reading my stories make my day. I love writing fanfic and I love when people read them. If you liked Alone make sure you recommend it to your friends. I will get this one done as soon as possible then work on a new fanfic for either Newt or another Aris or any other Maze runner or any fandom just let me know! Love you ❤️! You all deserve the world and every good thing that comes your way. I love you my peeps!!

Previously:

"Now leaving Crank Central"

Now:

After we leave the tunnel Jorge and Brenda give us a long lecture about how stupid we were.

"I'm impressed! You guys almost lasted a whole day." Jorge says.

"Yeah, thanks to me. These guys here were being lazy." I respond. I see Thomas fall into Newt and I smirk.

"You good?" Thomas asks.

"Yeah" He responds. I lean over to Aris and Fry.

"They are in love and they are so oblivious it is funny." I whisper. They chuckle and nod.

"Damn right they are." Fry whispers. Brenda turns back to us and smirks. She looks at Thomas and Newt then back at me. I nod and  wiggle my eyebrows. She looks back at the a nod shakes her head.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to bring you guys into this." Thomas says. I roll my eyes.

"I think what he's trying to say is thanks for saving us." Fry says. I scoff.

"I did most of it. They were just our get away car dumb ass." I say and I lean into Aris's chest.

"You're welcome." Brenda says.

"Hey don't get your hopes up. That checkpoint back there, that was the city's last defense. If that was overrun, chances are the city is too." Jorge says as he drives. I shudder think of the last time in the city.

*Flashback*

Young y/n: Pietro come on! We have to hurry if we are going to get out. We have to save Wanda!

Young Pietro: I'm coming! Wanda is very heavy I could use some help.

I walk over and help him with Wanda.

Young y/n: We don't have much time to save Wanda. We need to find Uncle Lawrence.

Young Pietro: Uncle Lawrence is in the sewers. We are almost at the walls! Hurry y/n!

I hear mechanical clanking.

Young y/n: Pietro go, I'm going to try and hold off the guns.

Young Pietro: I'm not leaving you y/n, remember the promise. No one left behind.

Young y/n: I know. I promise I will come. Just go!

Pietro nods and walks towards the exit. I use my powers to try and break the guns. I hear them turn and start shooting at Pietro and Wanda.

Young y/n: Run Pietro!

Pietro goes quicker. Not quick enough. The guns shoot him.

Young y/n: NO!

I scream at the top of my lungs breaking the guns and building behind me with my powers. I run over to Wanda and see her slightly injured. I look down and see Pietro with many bullet holes in his body