Chapter 11: The Fall of W.C.K.D

it's finally back! let's get to it

Previously: Now that we have everyone. We just need the cure then all is well.

Now:

*In WCKD*

Janson walks around the corner accompanied by 2 other guards.

"Drop the net. Declare martial law. No one leaves until they're found." Janson says.

"It's done, sir. We already have eyes on the bus. Our patrols are in pursuit." A tall man says.

Janson stops in his tracks and looks at the man.

"What bus?"

*With Brenda*

Brenda drives down the road kids screaming in the back of the bus and a WCKD car on the other side of the street from her. She notices it get closer.

"Shit! Hold on!" Brenda yells to the kids. They all continue screaming as she drives with a WCKD car behind the bus. One of the cars pulls up to the right side of the bus while the rest are behind. Brenda looks at the car beside the bus and swerves it into the car beside her. The kids scream in the back. The car hits the curb and crashes, blocking some of the patrol cars, not all of them. The patrol cars swerve around the crash car continuing to chase after the bus. More patrol cars come from the front.

"Shit" Brenda says under her breath. She makes a sharp U-turn as the kids scream. Brenda suddenly comes to a stop, seeing a blockade of patrol cars in her way. More patrol cars come from the back cornering her.

"Get out of the vehicle" an officer shouts. Brenda gets out of her seat, takes out her flare gun and turns to the kids.

"Don't move. You're doing great." She says to the kids as she exits the bus.

"Now step away from the vehicle." The officer commands. No movement from Brenda. "I said step away from the vehicle. Put your hands in the air." The officer commands once again to Brenda. She walks to the front of the bus seeing more cars come from another side.

"Drop the weapon!"

Brenda slowly lifts her hands up along with her flare gun, with a little smirk, she pulls the trigger. The flare goes off, Frypan in the crane sees the signal.

"Here we go" Frypan lowers the chain to Brenda. She grabs it and connects to the front of the bus as the officers move in.

"Come on, hold on to something!" Brenda shouts to the kids as she gets into the bus. Frypan starts to raise the chain and the bus starts lifting off the ground. The commander keeps shouting orders at the guards as the bus raises and the kids inside scream. The bus start heading towards the wall. As soon as it gets over the wall, the front starts breaking off. Frypan drops the chain and the bus at the same time, with a jolt of the chain coming to a stop the bus lands with the front torn off.

"Everybody off!" Brenda commands to the kids.

*in WCKD*

Janson looks around the cells and notices them all empty and the guards knocked out. Janson opens the one closed door and sees the guard tied up and the cure gone. The man continues to grunt signaling for Janson to untie him.