day four (mtf) (fairy)

06/04/21: write an entry centered around a trans woman (or trans women) that is male to female.

---

It was the witching hour when they came for her, in dresses of long silk paired with bangles of gold. Anklets of bells tinkled gently as they stepped into her room, trailing ivy and moss with them. Their skin was a pale, translucent green, and through it, you could see spiderwebs of forest-colored veins. All of their eyes were the same - a deep, complete black. They looked like they might suck your soul away. And yet they were oddly beautiful, with their scepters and elegantly clawed hands, white lashes, long hair. Each wore a delicate circlet of gold on their head.

Lila woke gently, softly, as though being tugged from a dream by a child's hand. When her eyes opened and she caught sight of the troupe of creatures in her room, she promptly fainted. They gathered her body in their arms and took it with them, disappearing back into what appeared to be an overgrown forest that had arisen behind them when they arrived.

The next time Lila's eyes opened was hours later. A soft, feather bed cushioned her, cradling her within its warm embrace. "Where am I?" she wondered aloud, trailing her fingers over the plain silk nightgown that was certainly not her belonging.

No answer came, so she stood. Her reflection awaited her in a mirror. It was a beautiful sight. Her figure was full and graceful, her skin smooth as pearls. Her usually-shorn hair, so rudely cropped by her mother's hand and her father's direction, was long and beautiful, tumbling down about her shoulders. She reached for it, only to find that it was not there.

"It's not your physical reflection," drawled a voice from behind her.

Lila spun, her gaze landing on a figure who was leaning in the doorway. "What?"

The individual pushed themselves off of the wall, stepping towards her with a fluidity Lila could only dream of. "It's a reflection of your soul."

"Really?" Lila asked, curious at once.

The creature nodded. "Look at mine," they said. Their pale, greenish skin and dark eyes, their short, white, wavy hair - all of it was replaced by a dark, shadowed mist in the mirror. They grinned devilishly. "Does mine scare you?"

Lila did her best to appear nonchalant and unimpressed. "Not in the least."

They shrugged. "Oh well. I'm River."

"Lila," Lila replied carefully. "Where are we?"

River smiled, baring their artistically pointed teeth. "Why, in Fairyland of course."

---

short but... hopefully sweet?? lila is my new favorite character ever hands down. she's so badass in my imagination!

also, i just love fairies!! i'm sort of stuck between wanting the cottagecore existence and the dark academia one

**continued on day 30**