day eight (wlnb) (movie night)

06/08/21: write an entry centering around an omnisexual/omniromantic character (this means someone who is attracted to all genders, but may have a preference, unlike pansexuals)

---

Sara knew that her mother didn't quite believe that she was going over to Mira's house for a sleepover, but she made no attempt to convince her. Her yellow bicycle was waiting outside, and she hopped onto it, slinging her pin-covered tote over one shoulder as she went. The pins were from a multitude of things - theater camps, library events, community center classes - and each one held a special place in her heart. Especially the little rectangular one with pink, black, and violet-blue on it. That pin pretty much summed up the reason she was on her way to Axe's right now instead of Mira's.

She parked her bike by the porch of the big house and knocked once on the door. A few moments later, it swung open, revealing Axe standing in the doorway.

"Sara," Axe said in that low, but somehow high voice of theirs.

"Axe!" Sara squeaked. She cleared her throat and tried again. "Axe."

Axe looked amused. "You coming inside or what?"

Sara nodded, stepping past Axe into the house. She had only gotten the text summoning her here about an hour ago. "Why did you want me to come over?"

"I finally got Legally Blonde like you wanted me to," Axe informed her, shutting the door. "We can watch it together, because I sure as hell am not suffering through it alone."

Sara snorted. "It's a good movie."

Axe fixed her with a flat look. "Yeah, and my aesthetic is cottagecore." Sara's gaze found the tight black tank top that Axe was wearing, then the tattoo sleeves. Axe raised their eyebrows and Sara glanced at the many pointy black piercings in their ears.

"Okay, I get the point," Sara huffed. "You think it's gonna suck."

Axe hummed. "Pretty much."

"Axe?" called a voice, rapidly approaching, that was undoubtedly that of a middle-aged woman.

Axe groaned loudly. "What?"

"Who's over right now?"

"Just Sara," Axe replied. "We're gonna watch a movie."

A tall woman stepped into the hallway. She had brown skin several shades darker than Axe's, and black hair that wound its way down around her face in tight curls. "Hi," the woman said, smiling. "I'm Axe's mom."

"I'm Sara," Sara replied. "Nice to meet you."

"Would you like something to eat or drink?" Axe's mom offered.

"No, Mom," Axe answered for Sara, gritting their teeth. "We're just fine." Axe's mom looked slightly saddened and significantly annoyed. Axe sighed. "I told you I invited Sara over."

"I know," Axe's mom replied, hurt seeping into her tone. Axe held her gaze, looking almost bored. Axe's mom straightened up, smiling brilliantly. "Okay. Enjoy your movie!" With that, she walked away.

"Ugh," Axe said. "Glad that that's over."

"She was just trying to be nice," Sara protested.

Axe shrugged. "I told her to leave us alone." They straightened up a little. "Ready to watch the movie?" they asked, leading Sara into a giant bedroom and turning on a tv that Sara doubted could fit in her entire house.

"Okay," Sara said.

"Okay," Axe said, their lips quirking a little.

The movie began.

---

how's that for a crappy ending?!

also,,,,,,,, what is with me and the gays and movies? like, i literally never watch movies w/ anyone but my family... AND YET two of these one-shots have been about gays watching movies together??

not totally sure whether i want axe and sara to like each other-- i think sara is attracted to axe but idk if she likes them romantically... axe might be aro and a-spec too... thoughts?

lmao i always find msf admiring enbies who name themselves after cool shit like weapons - there's actually someone named scythe at my school which is sick asf - and in my opinion the name "AXE" is (bear with me) AXEtually awesome.

(^ nobody is born bi. you choose to make bad puns at every opportunity, and then one day you wake up like "welp, i like women")

also we need more poc enby rep. and additionally i have headcanoned axe as super tall.