day seventeen (wlw) (elevator meet-cute)

06/17/21: write an entry centering around lgbtq characters who meet during a blackout

as a matter of fact, i am (after writing this) aware that the elevator lights would be off. i encourage you to believe in magic <3

---

Amy was completely, totally fucked. And I mean fucked. F-U-C-K-E-D fucked. Not literally, of course, though she was far from a virgin. She was figuratively fucked. Because she was trapped in an elevator and the power was out. They were hanging, suspended by the cables, somewhere between floors five and six. Amy had a booty call to get to! She did not have time for this shit. And yet, fate seemed determined to keep her sex life from being what it was supposed to be.

There was exactly one, yes one, uno, un, one person in the elevator with her. One person who looked like she could probably slit Amy's throat. Or maybe just some light choking. Amy was into choking. Amy really hoped that the person was not a mind reader.

"Welp," Amy said. "Looks like we're stuck in here." She extended a hand. "I'm Amy."

"Shauna," said the girl. She shook Amy's hand, then slouched against the wall in the corner. Shauna blew some of her short hair out of her eyes. "Where were you trying to go before this shit happened?"

"Booty call," Amy admitted, cringing a little. "You?"

"My apartment," Shauna replied. "To get drunk." She pulled a bottle of champagne out of her bag. "Fun night."

"Alone?" Amy asked.

"Yeah," Shauna said. "It's a Friday night tradition."

Amy sat down on the floor. "Seems like we're gonna be in here for a while. Care to share?"

Shauna snorted, but sat down. She popped open the champagne bottle, elegant forearms flexing with the action. Her arms were covered in tattoos. Amy herself had quite a few. "Here," Shauna said. She took a sip, then passed Amy the bottle. Amy took a sip of her own. She wasn't a fan of champagne, or of any carbonated beverages for that matter. They gave her gas.

Amy and Shauna appeared to be opposites as far as looks went. Amy was curvier, shorter, and more generously built, whereas Shauna was lean and tall. Amy was blonde, but Shauna had dark hair. Amy had blue eyes, Shauna had brown ones.

"You're staring," Shauna said.

"It's not my fault that you look like that," Amy replied, shrugging.

Shauna snorted. "I guess not."

Amy tilted her head, looking at Shauna. "You know, once we're drunker, if we're still stuck in here, we might as well enjoy ourselves."

Shauna raised her eyebrows. "Do you really need to be drunker to want a piece of this?" She made a funny face, and Amy laughed.

"Nah, I guess not."

---

amy gives me nina zenik vibes :)

also sorry this was so freaking short because i got lazy and busy and um yeah

i will redeem msf tomorrow *bows*