Interrogation

Charlotte and Khan were running faster than they ever had in their life. Charlotte was running blindly after him, her legs screaming for rest. She was panting. Someone was chasing them. Charlotte paused to look behind her. Khan stopped to let her go in front of him.

"Don't look back! Keep running!" He shouted. "Keep running!" 

Charlotte kept running as fast as she possibly could. She wanted to know who was chasing her, but every time she stopped Khan would shove her to make her run again. She suddenly heard a Phasor shot behind them. 

Charlotte woke up, her face slick with sweat. She and Khan were here. That had been nothing but a nightmare. Khan was sleeping peacefully beside her. It hadn't felt like just a dream, though. Charlotte shook her head. She held Khan's hand a little more tightly. Khan stirred a little and opened his eyes.

"Mm, darling, what is it?" He asked tiredly.

"I had a bad dream." Charlotte said. "Can I come in there with you?"

"Of course." Khan nodded.

Charlotte opened the metalic hole and crawled inside next to Khan. He held her body close to his and nuzzled her. Charlotte closed her eyes and rested her head against his chest.

"I love you, Khan." She sighed as she fell asleep.

"I love you too, Charlotte." Khan said. 

Charlotte fell asleep, wrapped in Khan's warm embrace. She felt Khan kiss the back of her head just as she drifted off. She didn't have any dreams during that slumber. When she woke up the next morning, it was because Khan was shaking her. 

"Darling, get up." He said.

"Khan, it's not even dawn..." Charlotte said, batting his hands away. "You can wake me as soon as the lights turn on." 

"No, wake up now." Khan said. 

The urgency in Khan's voice forced Charlotte to wake up. She sat up and looked around, worried. Khan gave her an apologetic look.

"I can hear your Captain coming." Khan said. "You need to get out of here."

Charlotte understood and nodded. She quickly crawled out through the hole and laid down on the bench, pretending to be asleep. Khan then laid down on his cot and also pretended to be asleep. Kirk and Spock stopped to look at Khan's sleeping form. Charlotte heard Kirk and Spock whispering. Their footseps then retreated. Charlotte's eyes opened slightly as she peeked around for the Captain and First Officer. She saw that they were gone and sat up. She tapped on the glass of Khan's cell. He opened his eyes.

"They're gone." Charlotte said. "We need to be careful. No one can know about us besides...us." 

"Yes, you're right." Khan nodded. "You're sure they're gone?"

"Very." Charlotte said. 

"Then get back in here." Khan said. 

Charlotte chuckled and slipped back inside the prison cell. Khan slipped his arms around her and laid back down with Charlotte on top of him. He wrapped the blanked around her, trying to keep her warm. Charlotte smiled faintlhy and closed her eyes. Khan stroked her hair.

"Sleep, my darling." Khan whispered. "I will protect you."

He drifted off himself. When they both woke up, it was late morning. Lucky for them, no one had seen them cuddling. Charlotte crawled out through the metalic hole and sighed. She just wanted to do nothing with Khan all day, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Khan seemed sad that she had to stay away from him the whole day. That's what Charlotte thought, anyway. Khan was sad about something else.