Trypanophobic

Charlotte's eyes opened. Khan was smiling down at her. She lifted her head from it's uncomfortable position on Khan's shoulder. 

"Good morning." Khan said.

Morning? How long have I been here? She thought. 

"Did I sleep here?" Charlotte asked.

"You fell asleep around midnight. I kept watch." Khan said.

"Aren't you tired?" Charlotte asked.

"I've had more than enough sleep for a lifetime." Khan said. 

"I should get out of here." Charlotte said. "No one came by and saw us?"

"Nope." Khan shook his head.

"We're going to get in so much trouble if we're caught." Charlotte shook her head. "I need to spend some time away from here so they don't suspect anything."

"Go to the med bay." Khan said. "See if your mentor needs help with anything." 

"Good idea." Charlotte said. "I'll see you later." 

She left the cell and went to the med bay. Bones looked up at her arrival. He waved her over to him and she jogged up.

"I'm glad you're here, Charlie." He said. "Look at this."

He showed her something on the computer. It was Khan's blood sample, but she watched as the cells regenerated as fast as lightening. Her eyes widened.

"That's impossible!" She said.

"Well, it's not becuase we're lookin' at it right now." Bones said.

"That must be why he wasn't injured on Kronos! All his injuries were healed before I could take a look!" Charlotte said. 

"Could you bring me more of his blood? I want to take a closer look." Bones said.

"Okay." Charlotte said. She took a flask and went back to Khan's cell. "Khan, darling?"

"Yes?" Khan said.

"Bones wants another blood sample." Charlotte said. Khan's eyes flashed with something Charlotte couldn't place. But he blinked and the emotion was gone.

"He does?" Khan asked.

"Yeah." Charlotte said. She enlarged the hole. "Put your had through."

Khan stuck his strong hand through the hole. He looked at Charlotte, begging with his eyes. Charlotte finally placed the emotion she had seen earlier: it had been fear.

"Oh my gosh...you're a trypanophobic, aren't you?" Charlotte said. 

"You would be too if you had been injected with needles over and over and over..." Khan's voice trailed off.

"Well, it'll be over quick." Charlotte said. "Just look into my eyes. Don't look at the needle." 

"Okay." Khan said. He looked into Charlotte's eyes.

Charlotte pierced Khan's arm with the needle. She knew she needed to talk to him. "So, why weren't you afraid of needles when you came on the Enterprise?"

"I had forgotten about my phobia for a little while, but it was reawoken after you took blood the first time. I couldn't show any emotion, though, so I panicked in my head." Khan said. Charlotte looked into his eyes for the whole time, never breaking contact. "Is it over?"

"I want to take another one, just to be safe." Charlotte said, connecting another flask to the needle quickly. "You're halfway there, dearest. It's okay."