Separated

It had been a few days since Charlotte's trial. Khan and her had really done nothing but talk. They didn't have anything else to do except watch the occasional prison riot that broke out in the cells around them. If there had been anyone in their cell besides them, one would have broken out every day because of Khan's personality.

"Khan?" Charlotte said one day, turning to him.

"Yes?" Khan said.

"It's been almost a week since the trial. When are we going to find out my punishment?" Charlotte asked. Khan sighed. Charlotte asked this almost every day.

"Darling, you have asked this nearly every day since the trial, and I am going to give you the answer I have given you every single time. I don't know." Khan said as gently as he could, but his voice was slightly irritated.

"I know, I'm sorry." Charlotte sighed. "I'm just nervous."

"I know, I know." Khan said. "I'm somewhat nervous too."

Charlotte and Khan hugged tightly. Charlotte could hear Khan's heart pounding. She knew that he wasn't just 'somewhat nervous' but that he was just as scared as she was. She couldn't imagine her life without Khan again. She had just gotten him back and now she was going to lose him again. She knew Khan felt the same way about her.

"Charlotte?" Khan said. "I love you, you know. A lot."

"I love you a lot too." Charlotte said. Neither of them had moved from their hugging position.

That night while they were laying together and trying to fall asleep, Charlotte and Khan were both pulled out of their half-sleep when they heard people storming down the hallway. It was most likely guards. Khan gripped Charlotte tightly to him. They came to their cell and Khan stood up. Charlotte sat up on the cot.

"What are you doing here?" Khan asked harshly. "You've woken me and my wife up."

"Well, lucky for you, you'll be able to get plenty of sleep where you're going." One of the guards said.

"Wait, what?" Khan said.

"Get him!" The first guard shouted.

Khan was too shocked to fight as the two guards grabbed him, but quickly got his bearings. He fought them off and tried to run to Charlotte. The second guard attacked Khan and put handcuffs on him. He knew now that it was pointless to fight. Charlotte, who had been watching the scene in shock, attacked.

"LET HIM GO!" She yelled.

She jumped on the guard's back and the guard threw her off. She hit the wall- hard -and slid to the floor, unconcious. The last thing she heard was Khan shouting her name. His voice sounded panicked and terrified.

Khan looked at Charlotte's body on the floor. He glared at the guards, fury darkening his features. They didn't seem to care, though, as they led him down the corridor. Khan struggled against them to no avail.

"I get dibs on the lady!" A prisoner who had been eyeing Charlotte for a while now said. Khan looked to the guards.

"Where are you taking me?" He asked.

"Don't ask so many questions." The first guard said.

"Where. Am. I. Going?" Khan asked.

"Well, to be blunt, we're putting you back to sleep." The second guard said.

"No, not until I say goodbye to my wife!" Khan shouted.

"Too bad. The council decided that you and Charlotte wouldn't get to say goodbye. That's your actual punishment." The second guard said.