Cake, Now

Charlotte woke up and grinned the next morning when she saw Khan sleeping peacefully beside her. She held him tightly, never wanting to let go. Khan's eyes opened. He looked at Charlotte and sighed happily. He finally felt content. 

"Good morning, my darling." He said. 

"Good morning, Khan." Charlotte said. "How are you feeling?"

"Much better now that I'm with you." Khan said. "I am a little hungry, though."

"Food's in the kitchen. Go knock yourself out." Charlotte said, pulling the covers over herself again.

"Aren't you going to show me where it is?" Khan asked.

"You can find it yourself. I just want to sleep." Charlotte said.

Khan pulled the blankets off of Charlotte. She curled up into a ball, trying to conserve body heat. Khan chuckled. Charlotte glared up at him. 

"You're a monster." She said. "Give me my blanket back."

"Not until you show me where the kitchen is." Khan said.

"Fine, you big baby." Charlotte said.

She got up and stomped to where the kitchen was. She searched through the pantry until finding some boxed waffles. She put them in a toaster oven and waited for a few minutes before taking two waffles out, pouring syrup on them, and then slamming the plate down before Khan. She grabbed her blankets from him and laid down on the floor to get some rest. Khan sighed after he'd finished his breakfast and picked Charlotte up. He carried her back to their bed and kissed her on the forehead after setting her down.

"Sleep well, darling." He said. "I'll go see if I can find some planet for us to land on."

Khan went to the bridge and sat in the Captain's chair. He took the autopilot mode off and started looking at where they were. They were in space, but well away from any planets that he knew of, and he knew nearly all the planets that had been discovered. Khan tilted his head. He didn't even know where they were. This would probably frighten Charlotte. He wanted to turn the ship around, but he decided to wait for her council. Maybe she had steered the ship this way. 

Khan waited hours before she woke up. He was amused by the fact that she had waited for him to wake up and now he was waiting for her to wake up. When she finally came to the bridge, Khan still didn't know where they were.

"Charlotte, I have no idea where we are." Khan said. "I want to find a planet that would make a suitable home for us, but that seems impossible right now." 

"Khan, I turned the ship that way. I figured StarFleet would never find us that way." Charlotte said. 

"That's what I thought might have happened." Khan said. "Did you get enough rest?"

"Yep. I feel much better." Charlotte nodded. She went over to Khan and rested her head on his shoulder. Khan wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed her on the forehead.

"Think of it. Just the two of us against the rest of the universe." He said. "Charlotte, I was thinking while we were asleep."

"About what?" Charlotte asked.

"Well, since we're dating and we only have each other, I was thinking that we should just consider ourselves married." Khan said. Charlotte cupped her hands over her mouth.

"Did you just...did you just propose?" She asked. 

"I suppose I did, yes." Khan nodded. "I don't see why people go through the big ceremony. I think we'd be fine just saying that we're husband and wife."