chapter 4 what okay mean's for us.

Jack sits down with the nurse

okay your friend josh told me why your coming into my office today said the nurse.

so I hear you're having trouble sleeping? Said the nurse.

Um yeah said jack i've just been having nightmares it's no big deal

No big deal? Said the nurse as she raised her brow can you tell me what's causing the nightmares?.

Jack hesitated um it's nothing said jack.

The nurse stared at him for awhile then she spoke.

Okay well I'm gonna give you an exam said the nurse.

What? Said jack nervously why? I just came here for my nightmares.

Just to make sure you're healthy said the nurse.

As she started examine his eyes and ears.

I'm fine said jack seriously.

Apart from your nightmares? Said the nurse as she raised her brow again.

Apart from my nightmares replied jack seriously.

Okay said the nurse I'll just check your pulse and you're free to go said the nurse.

Jack sighed in relief okay replied jack.

Then the nurse began to lift up his sleeve.

Wait! what are you doing?! Said jack frantically as he stopped her.

I'm checking your pulse? Said the nurse how else am I gonna do it?.

I don't know said jack frantically my neck? Replied jack.

The nurse looked at jack and she rolled her eyes of will you just? She said as she tried pulling up Jack's sleeve.

Jack tries to stop her but she managed to pull up his sleeve.

The nurse gasps at jacks arm.
Jack had scars and burn scars some where huge.

others was as small as a cigarette end then he had this big splatter like burn scar on his forearm.

The nurse looked up at jack.

Jack had a terrified look on his face she'd never seen any of the students she saw this terrified he looked like he would faint.

at any second and his face was white as snow and he just kept looking at his arm then at her.

Shit Shit Shit! Thought jack she's seen them papa's gonna kill me! Thought jack or he's never gonna let us leave the house again thought jack I can't be in that house with him forever!.

Um said the nurse as she tried to figure out what to say.

Then jack yanked his sleeve down th'this was a mistake said jack softly I shouldn't have come here.

Wait said the nurse as she pulled his sleeve back up and she looked at him he refused to make eye contact.

He's clearly hiding something else thought the nurse.

Wow said the nurse I can't see Shit said the nurse I thought it'd fine since it's just an exam.

but I really need my glasses where did I put those? Said the nurse as she patted herself.

Gl'Glasses? Said jack still afraid

Yeah replied the nurse I'm practically blind without them but she said looking closely at his arm it looks like you have.. what is that two? Three? Scars.

Three scars? Said jack confused.

I'm blind help me out here kid replied the nurse how many is it two? Three? Or is it four?.