chapter 10 exposing the abuser.

Nearly three weeks later:

Jack was taking longer to heal then they expected so they finally went home in fear that their father would come looking for them if they were gone too long and find the tree house.

When they finally got back home their father punished them for being gone and Marianna offered to take Jack's punishment since he was still hurt.

no Marianna said jack softly you've already gotten your punishment I can't let you go through another one for me said jack.

its okay jack said Marianna then their father shrugged and took Marianna to the kitchen and made her stand in front of him then he got a kettle that was whistling and he pushed the edge where the steam was coming out into her arm.

Marianna let out a painful cry then he poured the scalding water in a cup and splashed her in the face and on her shoulder with it.

Marianna grabbed her face and shoulder as she shrieked then their father grabbed a broom handle and tripped Marianna up.

Marianna fell with a yelp then he dropped the broom handle and started.kicking her repeatedly.

Marianna grunted every time her father kicked her jack turned away and buried his face into Miguel's shoulder as he tried his best not to cry

Then he sent them to the drug store to get him beer Luca tried to explain how they didn't have money.

but he didn't care he threw an empty beer bottle at Luca scraping the side of his cheek and leaving a shard of glass in his face.

Luca didn't have time to pull it out or even notice that it was there.

then their father screamed I don't give a damn if you have money or not but I know one thing if you come back empty handed you'll punished.

and I got a couple of special ideas in mind for you three said their father as he looked at Luca Miguel Diego and jack..

Luca sighed as he looked at jack who could barely stand on his own .

he can't take another punishment thought Luca he'd die.

as you wish papa* said Luca softly.

all the siblings go to a drug store and pick up big crates of their father's favorite beer and start walking out of the store the cashier looks at them in disbelief.

and starts screaming hey! Hey! Are you for real?.he says in awe you have to pay for that and you're underage just what do y'all think you're doing!? He said are ya'll on drugs or something?! Said the store owner as he walks around in circles not taking his eyes off of them.

Y'all got to be bold or.just stupid to walk into my store then start taking shit out and walk out like y'all asses ain't gotta pay for shit I don't know wether to beat y'alls asses call the cops or just give you the beer as props for being that bold said the store owner.

I'm sorry said jack as he uses a stick Luca carved into a cane for him since he still was weak to stand up straighter but our papa jack says he wanted us to get his beer.

and he said to get as many as we.could find and we told him we don't have the money for that much beer but he said he didn't care and if we came home empty handed we'd be punished said jack.

punished how? the cashier says confused.

we really shouldn't say said jack

I should say you should say unless ya'll don't want me to call the cops on ya'll's little asses start talking the man said seriously.