chapter 8: regroup

The next day the kids snuck out of the hospital after they made sure jack was stable enough to leave the hospital they grabbed his clothes and got inside of the car.

Okay said Josh what the hell was that? you all had a panic attack or something said josh what the hell! Is going on?!.

We will tell you everything said jack as he winced but not now we can't go to the school I'm pretty sure the teachers or one of the students have found my blood in the hallway said jack.

someone will call the police if they haven't already I know the school therapist knows I'm pretty sure he would be able to tell who's blood it is said jack.

then they will get Him involved and we can't risk him on our case he almost killed me said jack what's to stop him this time? He might succeed this time and kill you guys as well said jack and I won't put you guys in danger said jack

for now we need to go to the tree house its not safe to go home

Okay said Diego but when jacks better we're taking the fight to him.

And how exactly do we do that? Said jack I know you're tired of him said jack I am to but lets face it we aren't physically or mentally equipped to fight him said jack.

Luca had a panic attack when that officer tried to arrest him because of what you know who has done to him said jack as he glanced at josh.

You did as well said jack and Miguel you held it together until everyone was down and you had to make a choice Marianna dissociates every time violence Occurs and what about Alejandro and rose or callie? Said jack.

I can't fight him either said jack  I have the same reactions you guys have around violence as well  said jack as he looked away from them I'm just a little better at not showing it.

said jack I don't mean to rain on your parade Diego but how are we gonna fight him? What will Miguel do if he has to make a decision like that again?.

What will you do if he pulls out a knife? What will we do if he tries to kill us and we're to afraid to even move? When we panic so much that we can't even breath?.

When Marianna dissociates again? we can't risk that said jack we have to find another way where we don't end up fighting him we all can't do it not  yet.... said jack.

After we get better and my injuries heal a bit we can regroup and devise a plan to stop him said jack.

You're talking about your dad aren't you? Said Josh.

Then jack along with his other siblings slowly looked at josh.

this entire time I couldn't figure just who the hell you were talking about said Josh or why you guys reacted the way you did then it hit me he's the only one you guys have left how could it not be him?.

Jack  fell silent so did the others ugh! josh said I should have know I should have read between the lines why you  don't go to the Dr why you  are  scared when it's late.

and why at of all the years we've been friends you've  never let's me go to your  house.

because of him I knew he was an ass but I didn't know he was abusive and to this existent that's why you  always come to.school with a new injury.

and why you  screams in his sleep said josh

Started josh but Jack was motioning him to stop talking.

Wait he what? Said Luca

Jack sighed.

yeah josh said he was screaming in his sleep at school he was sweating bullet's  and when people tried to wake him up he got violent and his skin was cold as ice like he was dead or something.

all the brothers looked at each other.

Woah woah woah said jack what's with that look? I know that look said jack you're hiding something what is it?.

maybe now's not The best time said Luca we'll talk to you when we're all outta danger said Luca.

Jack wanted to protest but Luca was right they had to get somewhere safe first.

then jack grabbed his head as it began to ache yeah y'you're r'right said jack weakly.

Jack? Said Miguel worried as he scooted.towards jack.

we n'need to get somewhere safe* said jack as he collapsed in Miguel's arms jack! Said Miguel worried.

Them Diego took a look at him he's fine sighed Diego with relief I think he's just worn out he did just get put of surgery 24 hours ago said Diego.

That's s relief said josh but what were you talking about? About the screaming in his sleep and stuff? is there something else I don't know that's going on with him?

Luca Miguel and Diego  look at josh no offence but this one thing we can't and won't tell you all you need to know is that he is fine but anything else.

we can't tell you  this is something we can only tell me!where of.our family so  unless you're married to him we can't tell you said Luca.

josh blushes married to him? that's crazy he coughs.

I was joking Luca smirks unless you really like him  I'm mean you know jack is gay right?.

What? josh says now red as a tomatoe.

that's why he doesn't have a girlfriend plenty of girls have asked him but he shut's them down.

Because he likes guys Said Miguel wow you really didnt know?after.all these years being friends with him.

josh fell silent as he just stared at the floor as he began to turn bright red n'no i didnt know stutters josh and he felt his face get warm.

and the brothers started  laughing man Diego said he's really in love.