2x4 The Dark Knight

Deja was sitting in the waiting room at the hospital, waiting for the nurses to let her see her mother.

"She's ready" A strawberry blonde nurse said standing in front of Deja.

Deja got up and followed the nurse to the room, they walked in the room and Deja sat her stuff down on the chair. "Privacy, please?" Deja asked in a polite manner.

The nurse nodded her head and left out.

"Hi mom" Deja said as she tried to pull a smile but she couldn't.

"Bangs?" Kelly asked giving a painful smile. "Around this same age i had bangs" Kelly finished trying to laugh but it was stopped by her coughing.

Deja frowned. "They still don't know what's wrong with you, maybe i can take you to Themyscria and you go get help there" Deja pleaded.

"No" Kelly answered quickly.

"What?" Deja asked confused.

"It's my time now." Kelly said with a tear rolling down her cheek and a soft smile forming.

"Mom, no. Don't talk like that" Deja said, starting to cry as the reality started to hit her.

"I love you, Dej. I will always love you" Kelly said as she took her daughters hand. "Do not let my death be a burden but an opportunity, don't shut your friends and family out, cherish the moments you have with them" Kelly finished.

"I love you too" Deja said as she shifted her head down.

"Don't be sad, i will be with you forever, right there." Kelly said as she put her head over her daughters heart. "Go tell them"

Deja got up and went to go tell her nurse that she was ready to take her mother off
of life support.

The nurse agreed and brought in more nurses for comfort, They asked was she sure and Deja reluctantly said yes.

Deja watched as the life slowly slipped away, She felt terrible about what she just did. Tears continuously fell down her face.

Until she felt emptiness.. A void. Nothing.

Deja got up to walk out without a word but a nurse stopped her. "What do you want me to do with the body?" the nurse asked.

"Cremate her and send whatever you have to send through the mail" Deja said as she left out the room without answering anymore questions.
_______________________

Barbara was typing away on her computer while Diana was on the look out to see if Khalil signal could be picked up and james was nervously waiting.

"Where's Deja?" Barbara asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"Uh, i don't know" Diana said unphased.

"Me either" James added.

"Odd, Diana you usually know where she is, like all of the time." Barbara said as she turned her computer off and stood up from her desk.

"She hasn't been returning my calls" Diana stated as she turned around to face Barbara

Barbara walked over to Diana and sat down on the desk ledge. "What's going on?" Barbara asked.

"Nothing" Diana said with no emotion.

"You can literally fly to her" Barbara joked. "Come on, talk to me, you know you can" Barbara insisted.

"Can you just leave it alone" Diana said loudly while standing up. "I don't want to talk about it and that's that." Diana said angrily as she walked off.