9x8 The Test

June 17th, 2024
The Tower

A week has already passed since Natasha met the team and helped Kara come back to Earth. Kara's been adjusting to everything she's missed and trying to make all of it up to her boss, Andrea.

Every Earth Defender member stood in the training room, waiting for Deja and Natasha to walk into the room.

Deja walked in the room with Natasha, Natasha stood in the center while Deja stood next to her.

Deja began to speak. "Okay, everyone. The task is simple. All of you attack at once, get her down. No fatal blows."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Deja held her hands up just as she started to speak. "Before you start, I'm going to activate the shields, so you don't do any damage to the training room itself." Deja held her hands close together, she concentrated for a few seconds until light purple energy surrounded her hands. She motioned her hands outwards and the energy surrounded the training room.

"What'd you learn while I was gone?" Kara questioned with a slight hint of humor but more seriousness.

Deja smirked. "Amazonian magic."

Deja, Kara, Luke, Wally, and Brainy then stepped out of the shield and let the remaining team go after Natasha.

Natasha stood in a battle stance.

Nia shot an energy blast at Natasha, but she quickly reacted and rolled out the way. Sara came from the side and kicked her in her face, she went to throw another punch but Natasha evaded and grabbed Sara by her leg and tossed her into Dinah.

Natasha waited for the next encounter, like clockwork, Alex used her Martian morphing weapon and formed a bo staff. She swung twice and missed, she sent a kick to her stomach that made Natasha stumble a bit. Nia took an opportunity and blasted her in her back. Natasha was almost onto the floor but she rolled into a kneeling stance and saved herself.

Natasha used her powers and levitated into the air and sent a blast at Nia, in the nick of time, Nia blocked the attack but it sent her sliding on her back.

Dinah sent a scream that made Natasha wince upon it hitting her. She turned her head slightly and looked straight at Dinah while holding her ears, she felt the blood coming out of them slowly.

Natasha pulled her hands back and clapped them together with almost all of her strength, it sent everyone in the shield down onto their backs.

Deja stepped inside the shield.

"You okay, Natasha?" Deja questioned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied taking deep breaths.

The team members who were just fighting all got up and stepped outside the shield and allowed Kara, Luke, and Wally to step in.

Deja began to speak. "Clearly, we underestimated you."

Wally cracked his knuckles. "Let's see how long you last." He finished with a smirk.

Natasha again got into a battle stance.

Wally dashed at her, pushing her, causing her to slide back some. Luke ran up to her. He punched her in her face and then again in her stomach, she tried to throw a punch but he blocked it, she tried again and this time he caught it. He kicked her in her stomach, making her stumble, Kara then punched her in her back and sent her flying forward.