Chapter 4

Work Day

The next morning I woke up and saw FreeRein was gone, "Ah!" I screamed, I screamed loudly and it woke up everyone. Kel sat up in bed,

"What's wrong?"

"FreeRein and Phoenix are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed. It was only Beach that was there with Amber leading him out to get tacked up. It was 7:00am and I was going to be late for work. I dashed outside after eating, dressing, and packing a lunch, "Amber!" I called, she was mounted and ready to go, "Where is FreeRein and Phoenix?!" Amber said she didn't know, she had her lunch ready. Kelly came outside with her lunch in two neat ziplock bags. Amelia came back riding one of her horses and leading FreeRein and Phoenix, "FreeRein!" I cried. I took him and groomed him and then tacked him up, I put his saddle bag on and put my lunch and water in there, Kel did the same, "What were you doing with our horses?" I asked Amelia, "They ended up in my tree grove this morning." She answered.

"How'd you escape," I asked FreeRein, stroking his nose, "We better get over for work." I said. Mounting up and trotting Rein through the tree grove and to a fence post where they could tether their horses. I dismounted and tethered Rein there and then went to work. Kel, Amber, and Amelia did the same. Forest was in her crate at home. I worked for 5 hours before I stopped. I had done 10 horses, two horses per hour. I untethered Rein and mounted him. I walked him to a nice spot with a little pond to eat lunch and. He grazed and I ate. Kel came up to me and did the same. Amber chose a place with flowers and Amelia was there with her. We ate in silence. Then we mounted and got to work. We worked for 10 hours that day. I made $1,000, same for Kel but Amber made $2,000. But she said that she couldn't do it anymore cause she had way too much money, in all she had $3,000 and me and Kel had $1,500, EACH. We rode home and we tethered our horses and pony and then went inside and ate dinner, me and Kel cleaned my room and then ran outside. I put my flip phone, map, and flashlight in my saddle bag and on the horn I put my canteen and lasso on it. I mounted up  after untying Rein, Kel did the same. I rode with Kelly on a nice trail, Amber decided to stay home. We rode for about 4 hours and finally came home, Kelly had to go back to her real house and I tethered FreeRein to the station to be groomed and untacked. Beach was already in his stall and eating, I needed to feed and water Rein after he was groomed and untacked. I untacked Rein and pulled out a crate of grooming supplies, "Hey boy, Rein is a good nickname for you, right?" I asked Rein, he whinnied a 'Yes' to me. I grabbed a long brush and groomed his coat until it shown, next I combed his main and brushed his tail, I next picked his hooves and I put his blanket on along with his fly mask. I led him to his stall. I shut his stall door. I got him his dinner and fresh water then went inside. I finished up my homework and ate dinner. I went to my room and cleaned everything up, I changed into my PJ's and grabbed my book, I settled in my bed and started reading. I read for a half hour and then went over to Amber's room. I said goodnight to her and went to mom's room where I also said goodnight to her and went back to my room. I turned off my lamp and fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night. I had had a nightmare and didn't want to wake anyone up, Forest had woken upthough. I turned on my lamp and climbed out of bed, I put on a sweater and went downstairs where I went outside and over to the mini barn. I went over to Rein's stall and opened the stall door. I slipped inside the stall and shut the stall door. I stroked Rein's face and started murmuring to him, "Hey boy. What's up?" It was then I realized I wasn't alone in the barn. A person walked over to FreeRein's stall, I ducked down so the person couldn't see me.

"Hey," The person who seemed to be a boy said, I jumped up and the person screamed, "Who are you?!" The boy said,

"Who are YOU?" I asked, crossing my arms, "You're not supposed to be here." I said,

"Neither are you!" He said. I raised my eyebrows,

"Why?" I asked him,

"Cause this ain't your farm!" He said,

"Yes it is," I said to him, "I live here." He looked a bit scared,

"B-but what are you doing out here so late at night?" He asked me.

"I had a nightmare so I came down to see Rein," I said to him,

"Rein?" He asked confusedly,

"FreeRein is his name but for short I call him Rein. I'm Ruby." I said, opening FreeRein's stall door and reaching out my hand for the boy to shake,

"I'm Bradley," He said, shaking my hand, "I have a horse back home and I heard someone was going to break into the barn to steal a prized horse." He said, then slunk into a corner cause he heard someone coming in, I slunk into the corner of the Rein's stall after shutting it. Rein looked around and I saw a woman come in,

"Hey boy," The woman said, "Let's go. You're gonna make some pretty foals, eh?" I realized then it was Amelia! And that's why she had had the horses on her land the day before, to get Kelly's pregnant and to have FreeRein as a stud! I let her take him. The next day I woke up and opened my curtains, got dressed, ate breakfast, and then went down to the barn. FreeRein was back in his stall and I got him groomed and tacked up. I noticed Bradley riding down here with his horse,

"Morning!" He said, smiling,

"Hey," I replied, mounting up and turning in the direction of Kelly's. Me and him rode to Kelly's and picked her up, the three of us rode to our job and I then trained the mustang that I had fallen in love with. It was noon and Amelia said we could pick out our horses. I chose the mustang and noticed Amelia's mouth twitch but she said nothing. I also noticed the mustang was pregnant, Rein must have been her stud. I named the mare Harmony and took her home. Bradley stayed and hung out while I trained her some more. FreeRein was in the paddock and I was riding Harmony in the flat open ring or arena.