First Day On Set | Part II

As I watched Chris act in person, I realized how good of an actor he is. He plays the emotion his character is having so well. I watched him as he got annoyed at the boys and walked off the set.

'CUT.' Ryan said and waited. Chris walked over to him.

'Was it okay?' Chris asked, nervously.

'Yes, yes, yes. It was perfect.' Ryan said, almost squealing. 

Chris went to go quickly change and he got back 5 minutes later.

They both smiled and then Ryan told me and him, 'Okay, places for Darren and Chris' scene!' and the lights flashed. I got up nervously and walked onto the top step on the stairs.

I shot a quick look at Chris who was on the 7th step of the stairs. He glanced at me and smiled.

'ACTION!' Ryan shouted.

***********************************

I finished my scene and walked to my trailer to change. I changed in record time and got back about 5 minutes later.

The lights flashed and Ryan shouted for places to be taken. I went to the 7th stair and put my sunglasses on. I looked up and glanced at Darren and our eyes met. We smiled at each other when Ryan shouted action.

I took my sunglasses off, as directed, and walked down slowly. Darren sped past me.

'Excuse me.' I said, and Darren looked up at me from the bottom step.

'Um, hi. Can I ask you a question? I'm new here.' 

'My name's Blaine.' Darren said, reaching out for a handshake.

'Kurt.' I replied, shaking his hand.

We stared at each other's eyes for a moment.

'So, what exactly is going on?' I said, looking partly confused.

'The Warblers! Every now and then they throw an impromptu performance in the senior commons. Tends to shut the school down for a while.' Darren said, as Blaine.

I looked at all the warblers rushing through the halls.

'So, wait, the glee club here is kind of cool?' I said, looking confused.

'The Warblers are like rockstars!' Darren said with a smile. I raised my eyebrows at him.

'Come on, I know a shortcut.' Darren said, grabbing my right hand with his right.

We ran through the slo-mo hallway, as we call it, and reach the senior commons.

***********************************

I get nervous as we go towards the senior commons. I have to sing.. Or, lip sync, in front of Chris. What if he hates my voice? What if it's too pitchy? What if he looks like he want's to puke? I thought.

 It feels weird to hold Chris' hand. It brings butterflies to my stomach.

As we reach the senior commons, I let go of Chris' hand. 

'Ooh, I stick out like a sore thumb.' Chris said, looking around the room.

'Well, next time don't forget your jacket new kid. You'll fit right in.' I said, fixing Chris' jacket and winking.

'Now if you'll excuse me..' I turned around and got into place. I performed Teenage Dream and made eye contact with Chris the whole time. I swore I could see him blush a bit.