Death Is A Part Of Life

Warning: This chapter is pretty sad, proceed with caution.

A month after the wedding..

*** Chris' POV

'Is this Chris Colfer-Criss?' The lady asked over the phone. I got a random phone call from the Los Angeles Medical Center.

'Yes.' I answered.

'We're very sorry for your loss...'

The next words made my heart stop. Next thing I knew, I was on the floor and I dropped my phone, it was sitting a few feet away.

I was screaming. Suddenly Darren comes in the room. He immediately hugged me while I was screaming and crying.

It felt like hours. Hours of Darren holding me on the living room floor. Eventually I stopped screaming, but I was still crying.

'Babe, what's wrong?' Darren said, trying to know what happened.

'C-Cory..' was all I could say. Darren took my phone and called Cory. He didn't answer.

'Is he okay?' Darren asked me, obviously panicked. I shook my head.

Darren dialed someone's number, while still holding me.

*** Darren's POV

I called Cory. No answer.

I asked Chris if he was okay. He said no, so I dialed Lea's number.

I didn't think she would answer. But she did, on the 6th or 7th ring.

'Lea! What happened to Cory? Chris is freaking out.' I heard sobbing on the other side of the phone.

'He died.' Lea said, and then hung up.

Oh my god. I thought to myself.

I dropped the phone and held Chris, and that's when I broke.

15 minutes later... Chris' POV

I knew Darren was crying. I could feel his tears against my shoulders. I moved a bit motioning to get up. Darren grabbed my hand and got up too. We both eventually ran out of tears to shed, so we hugged eachother and when we pulled back sat on the couch.

'Why would he do this?' I said, breaking the silence.

'I don't know, Chris. I don't.' He said, wiping under his eyes with his sleeve.

There was a call coming from Darren's phone. He got it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID. He showed it to me. Ryan.

He answered it and put it on speaker.

'Darren? Is Chris there? He isn't answering.'

'Yeah. He's here, you're on speaker.'

'Well. Per Lea's request, we have decided to stall shooting for 2 weeks. But we need you guys at the studio in 30 minutes. For a meeting with the cast.' Ryan stated.

*** 45 minutes later, break room at Paramount Studios. Darren's POV.

We all sat on the couches or chairs in the break room. Ryan stood at the front of the room.

'Um. First of all. Some of the cast couldn't be here, including Kevin and Naya. They are in another state. But they are sending hugs to all of you.' Ryan started.
'We have decided to stall shooting for 2 weeks, as we want all of you to have time to heal during this time. Cory's family, including Lea, are still figuring out the funeral and other decisions to be made, but at this time I am asking all of you to use this time to visit family, friends and all between. We all need each other right now.'

Everyone but me got up and started hugging each other. Darren grabbed my hand and I got up. He hugged me tightly. Multiple of the cast members were crying. I had already cried all my tears and my throat hurt for screaming however long I was.

'I love you. So, so much.' Darren whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek while hugging me.

'I love you too.' I said, nodding.

*** 1 week later. Chris' POV

Today was the day. Cory's funeral.

Me and Darren got dressed our suits. We met outside by a forest. The funeral spot was just a bit away. I see people sitting in their seats. Me, Darren, Matt, and Chord were responsible for carrying the casket.

'1.. 2.. 3!' Chord said, and we all picked up the casket and put it on our shoulders. We started walking as the music started.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes

Family of Cory, and the Glee cast all were at the front 2 rows, singing along.

How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets
In midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles
In laughter, in strife

We continued down the forest with the casket on our shoulders. Nobody could cry anymore. We all ran out of tears.

How about (love?)
How about (love?)
How about (love?)
Measure in love
Seasons of (Love) (Love)

We used the very short version of Seasons Of Love because it didn't take us long to get there. We all set down the casket carefully and went to our seats.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand Six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand journeys to plan
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes

The song finished and everyone said their speeches. Everyone put something on Cory's casket, and we all hugged and left.

For the first month, me and Darren went to Cory's grave every day along with other people, who came if they wanted. We put countless flowers, notes, objects and even clothes at his grave.

It was hard. It really was.

But we'd get through it.

***

A/N: This was originally going to be the Epilogue, but I decided I should include this first, as this was such a big change in everyone's lives.

I have decided to not have an epilogue. Let's just say they have a happily ever after? Haha.

We miss you Cory, and Naya.

Hugs,
AJ