The "Date"

After shooting on Wednesday, it was Thursday. The date of me and Darren's "date".

Darren would be picking me up at 7. It was 5:16. I pulled out my phone when it was buzzing, seeing a message from Darren.

He was confirming our hangout tonight.

I replied, confirming. We confirmed the times and then I set my phone down.

 We confirmed the times and then I set my phone down

I set my phone down after and walked to my closet. I picked out a purple flannel, black skinny jeans and black tie knee high boots. I went into the bathroom and gathered my stuff to shower. I showered and it took me about 30 minutes. When I got out, it was 5:53. I then did my hair into my signature curls. It took me 20 minutes. When I looked at the clock, it was 6:15. 

I walked into my room and grabbed my outfit. I buttoned the flannel, making sure to leave two buttons undone. I squeezed into the skinny jeans, put on my belt, and put my socks and shoes on. It was 6:30 when I was ready.

***********************************

After I confirmed with Chris, I looked up the directions to his house. It would take 15 minutes from my house, and I decided to pick up something on the way there.

I got into the shower and I did my hair. When I looked at the time, it was 5:45. Not too bad.

I picked out my outfit. I chose a "Aloha" shirt as they called it, and who I mean by they I mean Vogue. I also chose black, silky pants that were tight around the waist. I put the outfit on and put socks and my dress shoes on. I added a black bowtie for the classic Blaine attire.

When I was done, I looked at the time, and it was 6. I grabbed my sunglasses, keys, and went outside to my car. I unlocked the car, got in the front seat, buckled up and turned on the engine.

I decided to go to the mall on the way there and pick up something for Chris. But IA didn't know what...

***********************************

I sat down on my couch, and patiently waited for Darren to pick me up. When I heard the doorbell, I basically jumped and skipped over to the door.

I unlocked and opened the door. I saw Darren standing there with a bag of stuff. 

'Hey.' He said. 'Hey', I replied, leaning in for a hug. He hugged me back.

'What's in the bag?' I asked, trying to peek.

'Not yet, Christopher.' I looked at him, he used my full name.

He was grinning. I smiled back. I wasn't used to being called by my full name.

He walked past me, and shut the front door. He walked towards my kitchen and set the bag on the counter. He started to pull out the contents.

I sat on one of my island stools. I looked at him, confused.