╰┈➤ ❝ [ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʀᴀɢᴇ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʟᴇꜱ] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N, Loki, Beulla, and Mobius walked out of the elevator towards the latter two's desks.

"Doomsdays. The Variant has been ambushing our soldiers and hiding out in doomsday's to cover his tracks." Mobius deduced as they walked towards his desk.

"You're welcome," Loki stated aloud.

"Yeah,"

"But in order for this theory to hold, the disasters have to be naturally occurring, sudden, no warning, no survivors," Beulla grabbed a few files from her desk as Mobius did the same and met them in the middle.

"How many could there be?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know. We're gonna find out."

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

Beulla and Mobius sat side by side as they read through the files, growing more tired with each flip of the page.

Beulla looked up and noticed that Loki had his head rested on Y/N's arm that was folded on the table and her own head was rested on top of Loki's. They were napping peacefully, often adjusting themselves, but not changing their position.

"They seem pretty close. They were in love, weren't they?" Mobius whispered to his best friend, "Right before—"

"—Loki got killed by Thanos," she completed with a nod, glancing at them to make sure they were asleep and didn't hear her, "But now they're back together again. History will repeat itself, and Mr. I-know-everything will make the first move,"

"Really?" he raised his eyebrows at her, "You confident about that?"

"Oh, very,"

"Alright, then, you wanna bet?" he turned in his chair to face her.

"Bring it on."

"If I lose, I'll get you all the storybooks you want," Mobius stated, "But if you lose, you need to get me a jet ski,"

"You mean like an actual one?" Beulla quirked her eyebrows at him, "And bring it here?"

"Yeah,"

"So that you could just keep it here?"

"Exactly,"

"Fine," she stretched a hand, shaking his in a silent deal.

Turning back around, Beulla tapped the two gently with the file in her hand, "Hey?"

Y/N muffled a worn-out groan as Loki looked up with a frown, both walking up from their short slumber. They realized they were snuggled up against each other and tried to get the thoughts off their heads.

"Come on, let's take a walk," Mobius nodded at them.

They headed towards the food court and found a table, sitting around it. The four engrossed themselves into random conversations, trying to take a break as going through the numerous files seemed to have taken a toll and exhausted them.