╰┈➤ ❝ [ʟᴀꜱᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀɪɴ] ❞

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"Do we trust each other?" Sylvie asked out loud as they headed down a tunnel to reach the Ark.

"We do, and you can," Loki assured.

"Got no other choice, do we?" Y/N inquired rhetorically.

"Good," Sylvie nodded as they stopped behind a crowd trying to get to the gate in front of the Ark, "Because this is gonna suck,"

"Remain calm," a guard yelled through the comms, "We are now at capacity. Please return to your homes. Stand back,"

But the large crowd of people overtook his voice, yelling, pleading, screaming for a place on the Ark, "Let us on! Let us on!" a few of them chanted.

"Five minutes until launch," a female robotic voice went off the speakers.

"They're gonna let these people die," Loki peered down at the crowd in front of him, standing on top of a ditched cart to get a better look.

"We have to get on that Ark and make sure it takes off," Sylvie stated.

"How?" Y/N rested her hands on her hips.

"We go around,"

"Okay," she grabbed Loki's wrist and yanked him down. He rested his hand behind her back and steered her to an alleyway just in time to avoid the guards on their way.

They continued their way until the path had split into two, making them stop. Now, the guards were talking upon the public who had refused to comply.

The planet above fractured with a resonating vibration; Meteors were showering down the city, striking buildings and taking them down ruthlessly.

Y/N managed to dodge the first one, but while she was looking for a guard, another one crashed right in front of her and she was thrown back to the ground.

Everything was blurry, and her ears were ringing. Loki and Sylvie grabbed her arms while she was laying down and pulled her up towards the building nearby.

"You okay?" Loki and Sylvie asked at the same time.

"Yeah," Y/N replied, following them into a bar.

A guard had caught Sylvie's robes and tried to haul her back, but she pulled it off of her and twisted it, tugging it downwards and making him fall on his front.

Loki sent a green energy blast at the man on the other end of the room.

"Hold it!" Another guard entered the scene, "Stop right there!"

Y/N caught his wrist, which had a sword, ducked under it, and stamped the back of his knee. The man was forced down and he let out a painful grunt.

"Just go," Sylvie urged and the three jogged out.

People were running in all directions to take refuge. Others were trying to reassure their loved ones.

"Over here!"

The trio sprinted towards a large undamaged part of a building to wait for a couple of seconds so that the meteor shower would decrease.

"Run!"

They barely missed a large piece of debris that had fallen to the ground where they had been. A large skyscraper crooked at an angle, stooping to fall on Y/N, Sylvie, and Loki.

"Watch out!"

"I got it!" Loki yelled, using his powers to propel the skyscrapper back into its original state.

"Come on, let's go," Y/N patted his back, motioning for him to move.

The trio pushed past the guards on their way, hurling a few punches and kicks whenever necessary.

"We can still make it!" Loki remarked, given that they were closer to the doors of the Ark.

Three guards dragged Y/N, Sylvie, and Loki rearward, causing them to stumble.

Y/N grunted in the effort as she flipped the man that was holding her back over her back to land in front of her on his back. She kicked his gut, crossing over to move forward.

"Y/N! Come on!" Loki pressed, taking her hand in his so that he wouldn't lose her.

Y/N, Sylvie, and Loki ran towards the large gates that would allow them to enter the Ark.

Unexpectedly, a gigantic meteor crashed into the Ark, tearing through its machinery and breaking it apart as it exploded. Silence fell over the raging crowd behind as everyone watched the only hope of survival eradicate into ruins.

Sylvie walked back away in silence, her slumped posture expressing defeat. Loki stared at the 'still-being-destroyed' Ark in shock as Y/N fell to her knees with an upset sigh, holding her head in her hands.

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════