Trees that Whisper

It's 10pm, it's dark out, you're sitting in front of a tree, and the tree starts speaking. What..?

"You... You don't like... My caterpillars...?"

You jump up and notice the tree has a face carved into it's bark, or maybe it's natural? Anyhow, you're super freaked out, but then Meta Knight puts his hand on your shoulder,

"(y/n), it's okay... This is Whispy Woods... It is a spirit of this forest. As long as you don't tread on its roots... You'll be fine..."

You whisper back, "Ah... Okay, got it."

The tree speaks again, "Who... are you....?"

You answer, "I'm (y/n). You're Whispy Woods, right? It's a pleasure to meet you."

The tree smiles, then Meta Knight speaks, "Ah, Whispy Woods... Is it okay if me and them chat here for a bit? We won't take long, I just have to explain something to them."

"Sure... Just don't take too long... I still need my rest."

Meta Knight nods, then proceeds to inform you of NME. From your understanding, NME, Nightmare Enterprises, is a service that King Dedede uses to order monsters to defeat Kirby. Usually, they never work, but since you agreed to a 'condition' that dinner, they might have something big planned to take down Kirby. 

"No way... I didn't sign anything though... So... It's not official, right? I don't really have to help 'take down Kirby', right? Right? And does Escargoon really feel sorry for me, or was that just an act?"

Meta Knight looks up at the starry sky, "Who knows..."

"...Hey..."

You both look up at the tree, "I'm getting sleepier and sleepier... If you two are done... Can you two please take your leave...?"

"Let's go." Meta Knight mumbles, and again takes your hand. Instead of running this time, you both walk. You and Meta Knight walk back to the castle together.

"Thanks for walking me back, Meta Knight."

He nods, then walks away mysteriously. "Huh, alright then."  You spot Escargoon, fiddling with his hands.

"Oh! (y/n)! You're back! What happened? Are you okay?"

You look at him, unsure of if these questions were really genuine.

"Huh? Is everything okay...? I know I've only known you for about a day, but this isn't how you usually are..."

"Escargoon..?"

"Y-yes..? (y/n)? What is it? What'd he tell you?"

"...Were you..."

Escargoon looks genuinely sad. You change the topic,

"W-were you... Uhh... Actually... Preparing me a room? If so, I'd love to see it..." "Ahhhh... I just can't bring myself to ask him! But I'll never know if I don't!! Ughhh.... He can't be, like... Evil... Right..? Should I believe what Meta Knight said? Ughh this is all moving way too fast..."

You get settled in your new room. It's surprising to you that Escargoon prepared such a wonderful room for you. You lay down and get comfy in your new bed. Finally, some alone time. Just you and your thoughts... No Meta Knight... No Escargoon... None of the Kirby drama... Nothing at all- *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"I hope you're dressed to impress 'cause I'm a openin' this here door!"