The Knight in the Night

You look behind you and see a dude with a silver mask. Once you and Escargoon notice him, the snail pleads,

"Ohhh, Meta Knight..! You gotta help us...!"

Meta Knight looks confused, "Why would I help you, Escargoon?" He then looks at you, "Your name..?"

Escargoon speaks, "They're name is-"

"I was asking them..."

Escargoon looks annoyed, then looks at you. You then tell the man your name,

"I'm (y/n)... Also... Sir... You said something about the condition... Do you have any idea what it is? I could really use some help here. I hope I didn't agree to selling my soul or something..."

"To Dedede... It's unlikely... But to NME..."

"Enemy...?" You ask, "What do you mean enemy?" You're so fucking confused.

Meta Knight looks at you, then Escargoon... Then back at you. "Let's go." He takes your hand and runs away from the castle with you, leaving Escargoon by himself.

"What the hellllllllll....?" You think to yourself, "Sooooo.... I'm being taken away by a knight... Alright. What? Huh? I'm being taken away by a knight..."  You sigh in your head as you're running.

You've come to accept the fact that you're basically living in a fairy tail world, with knights, kings, and castles. 

After running for a while, you both end up in the forest. Your both panting. Then you sit down on the soft grass. As soon as you put your hand down, a caterpillar climbs on. You gently shake it off because you're tired of running. You then ask Meta Knight,

"Hey... *huff* Why did you... *puff* We... Run all the way... *huff* Over here...?"

He waits until he caught his breath to speak, which was a couple minutes.

"(y/n)... We don't know who could be listening..."

"Is it about... Enemy..?"

"NME..."

"That's what I said-"

"Nightmare Enterprises..."

"Oh...Damn, I feel dumb.. N. M. E., for Nightmare Enterprises... Duh... So anyway, you said they'd take my soul?"

"They-"

He then gets interuppted by tree roots rising from the ground, surrounding the both of you. Behind you, you hear a man's voice,

"You... I haven't seen you before... My caterpillars... Do you not like them..?"

You look behind you and scream,

"A HAUNTED TREE!?"