CHAPTER 28

The next day, Zhenyuan had showed up at school with Mia. Everyone was curiously looking at him, just as they had when he had come for the first day of school. He ignored everyone and went to take his seat.

However, when Mia sat down in her seat, she was surprised to see Jungwon on the opposite corner with several plasters and bandages. He was once again busy with a book, but Mia was concerned about how he appeared. Yaxuan had once again not showed up that morning, and no one knew exactly what was happening to him, and no one asked.

Mia got up from her desk and walked over to Jungwon. 'Jungwon, are you okay?'

He looked up at her then back to his book, not bothering to answer her question.

'Jungwon,' she repeated, but he kept his eyes on his folklore book.

'Mia,' Zhenyuan walked over and put his hands on her shoulders. 'He's dangerous, don't talk to him.' This time Zhenyuan was sure of it.

Mia looked at Zhenyuan with shock that he would say that about their own friend, the friend they used to walk with to school daily when they were still living in their old house.

'I'm dangerous?' Jungwon finally answered, getting up from his seat and staring straight into Zhenyuan's eyes. Jungwon smirked after speaking the statement, as if to tell Zhenyuan that he knew his secret and would expose it right there and then.

Zhenyuan removed his hands from Mia's shoulders. 'Just stay away from her, you know what I mean.'

Mia looked at the both of them with a surprised look. 'Is there anything I'm missing here?'

None of the boys answered her, Jungwon sitting down and Zhenyuan returning to his seat. The teacher walked in a moment later, so Mia had no time to ask anymore. She simply had to walk back to her seat and listen to the lesson by the lady in front of them.

...

Zhenyuan was reading details off the internet about the captured vampires in Roselake, reading it felt different now that he knew it was people of his kind. He had found out that the vampires were no longer being kept in hospitals or psychiatry institutions, instead they were thrown in jail to die. That was some odd justice being delivered in his view, but what else was the country going to do with bloodthirsty humans if that was what they could be called. Perhaps throw them into a zoo or a museum.

'Zhenyuan,' Mia said as she walked over to him. 'You're not having lunch today are you?'

He shook his head. 'Just don't sit with Jungwon.'

'You've better tell me what happened between you and Jungwon. What happened? You were okay before this weekend.' She folded her arms.

'It's nothing.' He answered flatly, simply because he didn't know what he was going to say. It's not as if he was going to tell her that Jungwon and Yaxuan attacked him that fateful night. He didn't feel like exposing their secret because he had his own. Moreover, despite how nasty they acted, they were still his species. They had a better chance of accepting him than Mia did.

'Zhenyuan, you're not a vampire are you?' Mia whispered to him.

Zhenyuan looked at her with surprise, how had she known? Perhaps the signs were more obvious than he thought.

'I...' he started, before Mia started to laugh.

'You wanted to really lie to me that you're a vampire? You think I'm dumb enough to believe that?' Mia laughed a little louder, covering her mouth to keep her laugh from resounding throughout the entire classroom.

Zhenyuan sighed in relief, at least she didn't know yet.

'Anyway, it's fine if you don't want to tell me. I guess that's your business.' Mia said to him and walked out.