24: Showdown

TP POV:

The distance between the demon and Taehyung was about a mile. But Taehyung was face to face with him within seconds. That wicked grin still stuck on his face.

He propelled the scythe forward and slammed it in full force. Minjun moved away in the fraction of a second and the blade hit the ground.

The force was so epic that it shattered the ground and a few yards in front. Should that hit someone they'd be split in half.

Taehyung missed the shot but he didn't care. He was giggling and swinging the scythe like a psychopath. It looked like he had lost all rationale.

Some of the Reapers spared him concerned glances from time to time in between their individual fights. But Jeongguk and Hoseok knew that wasn't necessary.

No matter how crazy Taehyung looked on the outside they knew that he was calm on the inside.

Kim Taehyung wasn't a man of impulse. He scanned his enemies and calculated the best set of action before he jumped into a fight. The scary part was that he did this within seconds.

Right now as he is fighting he has analyzed every possible outcome to this fight and has taken appropriate measures.

Just the way he was moving said it all. His hits were precise, only aiming for the critical points, not a muscle moved improperly. He knew exactly where to hit and just how much energy to use in the strike.

He was inhumanely calculative. To the point where it was beyond comprehension. That was Kim Taehyung.

Jeongguk would go so far as to say even the hits that demon was dodging was part of Taehyung's game plan.

He has trained with his boyfriend so he knew just what that demon was up against.

That freakish behavior was a psychological tactic. The smug look on Minjun aka Junghyun's face said that he underestimated Taehyung. That feeling of overconfidence washed over him seeing Taehyung's continuous ameture strikes.

"Is he really going to be okay? He hasn't landed a single hit on that level seven" one of the reapers said, her face contorted with heavy concern.

Hoseok looked at her and gave a reassuring smile. "it's alright. Don't worry. He is right where Taehyung wants him" he said with a grin. Though the girl was confused she didn't necessarily disbelieve him.

Because if anything, Taehyung had experience as a reaper for a thousand years. He's more than experienced and qualified. Besides, he was chosen as the supreme grim for a reason.

Taehyung twirled in the air and missed Minjun's poisonous claws by inches. He landed on his feat soundlessly before taking a breif look at the battlefield to see who was where.

His crimson eyes turned blue for a second. "On my signal blow his head off" he linked and positioned his scythe for an attack.

"Your stupid attacks are starting to get tiring" Minjun's bored voice reached his ears. Taehyung looked at him straight in the eyes, those crazed eyes shining like burning lava and that grin. He lifted his weapon and Minjun got ready to deflect.

But then he just let his arms drop as his face became completely emotionless. The sudden change of stance caught the demon off guard for a minute. And that's all it took for a rocket to blast behind his head.

Hoseok was grinning widely as he hit the bullseye, his launcher still emitting smoke from the fire.

But they gasped when Minjun just stood up without a scratch and started laughing.