Close Call

Mipha's POV
Kodah, Gaddison, and I sat near Lulu Lake. "It's so nice to hang out with you two again," I smiled. Kodah and Gaddison smiled back.

"I know!" Kodah exclaimed. "It reminds me of our girl nights we'd do when we were younger."

"I always loved those nights," Gaddison commented. "We teased each other about the boys we liked and played fun games."

"Oh that reminds me!" Kodah clasped her hands together. "Mipha, we used to tease you about liking Link."

"I remember that!" I laughed. "I'd get so mad whenever you two did that."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

*flashback*
Younger Mipha's POV
We sat at the dock on the Resevoir. Kodah, Gaddison, and I were playing truth or dare.

"Alright Kodah, truth or dare?" I asked.

"Hmmm dare..." Kodah said hesitantly.

"I dare you to..." I had to take a moment to think of a good dare. I looked at Gaddison for ideas.

"I have a dare for you," Gaddison mischievously smiled. "I dare you to have a conversation with Kayden." I couldn't help but laugh. Kayden helps his father at the inn. Every time we pass by it, Kodah gets nervous. Gaddison and I both know that it's because Kodah likes Kayden.

"K-Kayden?" Kodah blushed. "I-I'm not doing that!"

"It's a dare," I giggled. "You have to do it."

"Ugh, fine. I'll do it once we get back. Anyway, it's your turn Mipha. Truth or dare?"

"Uh... truth."

"Do... you like Link?"

"Huh?!" I felt myself blush pink. I do like Link, but if I tell them, they'd just tell him! What if they tell Bazz and Rivan? Those two would immediately tell Link!

"You're blushing!" Gaddison giggled. "You totally like him."

"You gotta say it, Mipha," Kodah said happily. "If I have to talk to Kayden, you have to tell us if you like Link."

"Ok, ok, I'll tell you," I said defeated. "Maybe I do like Link... But don't you dare tell him! Don't even tell Bazz or Rivan!"

"You finally admitted it!" Gaddison said proudly.

"Don't worry," Kodah giggled, "we'll try not to tell them. No promises!"

We played a few more rounds and decided to end it all with Kodah talking to Kayden. Gaddison and I excitedly walked back to the domain. Kodah dragged behind.

We walked up to the inn and Gaddison nudged her inside a bit. She looked back at us and glared. "Just letting you two know," she folded her arms, "I hate you." Gaddison and I both giggled and anxiously watched as Kodah walked up to Kayden. The whole situation was hilarious and surprising! Kayden was just as nervous to talk to Kodah as she was. I wouldn't be surprised if Kayden felt the same way as Kodah did. Eventually, she waved bye to Kayden and quickly walked back to us.

"So," Gaddison nudged her shoulder, "how'd it go."

"It went pretty well," Kodah said relieved, "but it was also really awkward."

"You both were really awkward," I smiled. "You two would make a great couple."

"Only in my dreams."

"Mipha," Gaddison touched my shoulder and pointed behind me, "look!" I turned around and Link was walking across the bridge with his father. I quickly turned away. "You should totally tell him how you feel!"

"No way!" I countered. "There are a number of reasons why I shouldn't. One: he's probably too young at his age, two: Muzu wouldn't like it one bit, and three: I guarantee that he doesn't feel the same way. I swear, if you two tell Link about this-"

I heard someone come up beside me. "Uh, tell me what?" Kodah and Gaddison started to laugh. I looked over and it was Link. Oh goodness.

"Oh, Link! Uh... tell you nothing."

"Suurrreee," He said sarcastically. "Why are you acting all nervous?"

"Nervous? I'm not nervous." I started to clenched my hands together.

"Well, you clench your hands together whenever you're nervous."

I looked down at my hands and then put them behind my back. "Sometimes I do it when I'm not nervous."

"Alright," he slightly laughed, "it seems like there's something that I should know."

"There is!" Kodah and Gaddison laughed out.

"No!" I glared at them. "No, there isn't!"

"Are you sure?" He smiled amused. "Cause you were listing off some things and then said how I shouldn't know about something."

"Y-You heard those things?"

"No, but I'd really like to know."

"We'll tell you!" Kodah gave a sly smile; I gave her a death glare. She then winked at me, which meant that she wasn't going to tell the truth. She better not. "Gaddison and I were talking about who would marry who in our friend group. We decided that you and Mipha would be a great pair."

"M-Me and Mipha?" Link said confused. I facepalmed. I needed to think of a way to save myself quick.

"I-I know, right?" I said awkawardly. "Kind of weird."

"Y-Yeah," he awkwardly chuckled, "us being a couple?"

"Like that's ever going to happen," we both shrugged.