Chapter 18- Step Back

This whole week has been a mess. I've been pretty distant from everyone. Spencer tried multiple times to talk to me before class which made everything worse. Liam's been calling and texting me all week but I haven't responded. After getting that interesting voicemail from Liam on Sunday, I knew that was it for us. He promised he would talk management about ending things with Chloe but he leaves my flat and goes home to sleep with her? Its bullshit. You obvious don't care about me... otherwise you wouldn't be in bed with her. At this point I don't even know if I'm mad. I guess I'm just disappointed. Don't make a promsie you can't keep. Simple as that. I know we weren't together and I know he was technically still dating Chloe, but I guess it just hurts. It's not a good feeling to know you are someone's second choice. 

This week has been so exhausting with school and work so I'm glad its Saturday. I decide to look at my phone and read the recent texts I've received from Liam. 

Hey are you alright? Haven't heard from you all week. I need to talk to you about something xx

No response. 

Hi, how's your ankle?

No response. 

"Hey, did you get my texts? What are you doing tomorrow night? We need to talk. I miss hanging out xx

Miss me? Thats amusing...

"Did I do something wrong? Please call me back...

No response

"Anna and Andy are over at my place right now. Anna says you're home. You should come over... Let's hangout."

I didn't respond, again... The urge is there but I can't be around him right now. I can't see him with Chloe and I can't control my emotions when I'm with him. Especially knowing what happened after he left my flat last Sunday. Just as I was looking through my phone, Liam iMessage ran across the screen. 

"That's it... I'm coming over later."

I don't want him to come over. I can't see him right now. I debated on whether or not to text him back but 20 minutes later I went ahead and started typing...

"I'm not home right now," I responded. 

"Then why are you watching The Dark Knight?" he quickly responded. 

What the hell I thought to myself. 

Knock

Knock

Knock

I almost didn't answer in hopes that he would just go away, but he kept knocking. 

"I know you're in there. I smell popcorn," he said, laughing. 

Damnit. 

I got up off the couch, walked to the door and opened it. 

"Hey, you're alive," he said with a smile. 

"Hi, um what are you doing here?"

"I texted you and told you I was coming over. If you texted me back earlier I wouldn't have showed up. Why have you been ignoring my texts and calls?" he asked, puzzled. 

"I've just been really busy," I lied. 

"Yeah, you look sooo busy right now," he responded. 

"I'm taking a break from studying. What I do in my free time is none of your business actually."

"Okay. What's wrong? Ever since I left your flat last weekend, you've been ignorning me. I thought things were good between us. Why are you trying to change that?"