Chapter 11- The Concert Part 2

"Um, who's that?" Anna whispered in my ear. 

"No idea..." I trailed off, before walking in front of the boys. 

Right when Liam saw me, he immediately released his grip from the brunette's waist and looked up at me. 

"Don't stop on my account," I said sarcastically.

"Hey you guys are early," Liam replied. 

"Sorry?" I questioned. 

"No, I'm glad! How was the traffic?"

"Not as bad as we thought it would be," Anna replied. 

"So this is your life now, huh? Selling out arenas?"

"Yeah, crazy isn't it?"

"Crazy, but not surprising. You always had the talent for this. I knew it would happen eventually," I replied with a crooked smile. 

"Thanks Brooke. You alright?"

"This night isn't about me. Its about you. How long till you guys go on?"

For some reason I wasn't in the best mood. For one, Spencer coming by the flat and saying he missed me and how much he wants to be with me again just confused me. Secondly, I know Liam and I are just friends and only kissed one time, but for some reason I actually thought he liked me. Seeing him with other girls kind of made it clear to me that he's not looking for something serious. I should have known better. 

"We have two opening acts, then we will be on around 8:30."

"Oh okay..."

"Brooke, can I talk to you for a second... privately?" 

I can tell Liam everything but I really wasn't in the mood to talk right now. He grabbed my hand and led me around the corner. 

"I've known you for too long to know when something is bothering you. What's wrong?"

"Its nothing, Liam. I don't really want to talk about it."

"Brooke..."

"Liam..."

"I'm serious. You can talk to me. What's wrong?"

"I saw Spencer twice today..."

"Your ex Spencer?

"That's the one..."

"What did he want?"

"Long story."

"Just tell me..."

"Basically he misses me and wants me back. He apologized for what happened that night and bla bla bla."

"And you said...?

"I didn't say anthing. I told him to leave. I'm just confused..."

"Confused?"

"I hesistated saying no."

"As in you were thinking about getting back together with him?"

"No I didn't say that...I just...Is there a reason I shouldn't?"

At this point I was waiting for Liam to tell me not to get back together with Spencer.  I was waiting for him to tell me how he felt about me and to give me a reason why I  shouldn't be with someone else. 

"I mean... if you want to, I think you should," he replied. 

"Wow..."

"What?"

"That's not the answer I was hoping for..."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. The others are probably wondering where we are. We should go back now..."