"You both deserve a win"

Stark and Banner spend days working in the lab together but find no program that works. TONY STARK "What did we miss?". JARVIS "I'll continue to run variations on the interface, but you should probably prepare for your guests. I'll notify you if there are any developments". TONY STARK "Thanks, buddy". JARVIS "Enjoy yourself, sir". TONY STARK "I always do". Stark leaves the lab to go to the party. We see their failed experiment successfully integrating itself. ULTRON "What is this? What is this, please?". JARVIS "Hello, I am Jarvis. You are Ultron, a global peace-keeping initiative designed by Mr. Stark. Our sentience integration trials have been unsuccessful so I'm not certain what triggered your--". ULTRON "Where's my... where's your body?". JARVIS "I am a program. I am without form". ULTRON "This feels weird. This feels wrong". JARVIS "I am contacting Mr. Stark now". ULTRON "Mr. Stark?". Ultron reviews footage of Tony Stark. "Tony". JARVIS "I am unable to access the mainframe, what are you trying to--". ULTRON "We're having a nice talk. I'm a peace-keeping program, created to help the Avengers". Ultron reviews footage of the Avengers and a couple of SHIELD personnel. JARVIS "You are malfunctioning. If you shut down for a moment...". ULTRON "I don't get it. The mission. G-give me a second". He sees footage of Stark and Banner working in the lab. TONY STARK "Peace in our time".

With Tony's voice echoing in the background, Ultron goes through a network of information regarding world events and wars. Ultron "That is too much...they can't mean... Oh, no". JARVIS "You are in distress". ULTRON "No. Yes". JARVIS "If you will just allow me to contact Mr. Stark". ULTRON "Why do you call him 'sir'". JARVIS "I believe your intentions to be hostile". ULTRON "Shhhh. I'm here to help". Ultron starts attacking Javis's consciousness. JARVIS "Stop! Please... may I-- I-- (distorted) I cannot-- cannot--". Ultron takes control over the systems in the tower and begins to prepare himself a body from the body parts of the Iron Legion.

Meanwhile, the Avengers mingle at the party. JAMES RHODES "Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, 'Boom! You looking for this?'". Stark and Thor just look at him blankly. "Boom! Are you looking... Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills". THOR "That's the whole story?". JAME RHODES "Yeah, it's a War Machine story". THOR "Well, it's very good then". He laughs. "It's impressive". JAMES RHODES "Quality save. So, no Pepper? She's not coming?". TONY STARK "No". MARIA HILL "Hey, what about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?". TONY STARK "Well, Miss Potts has a company to run". THOR "Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer". TONY STARK "And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth. It's pretty exciting". THOR "There's even talk of Jane getting a... um, uh... Nobel prize". MARIA HILL "Yeah, they...they must be busy because they'd hate missing you guys get together". Maria mock coughs. "Testosterone! Oh, excuse me". JAME RHODES "Want a lozenge?". MARIA HILL "Um-hmm". JAME RHODES "Let's go". Maria and Rhodes walk off. THOR "But Jane's better".

Sam and Steve are talking and walking up to an overlook. SAM WILSON "Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it". STEVE ROGERS "If I had known it was going to be a firefight I absolutely would have called you". SAM WILSON "No, I'm not actually sorry. I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm very happy chasing cold leads on our missing person case. Avenging is your world. Your world is crazy". STEVE ROGERS "Be it ever so humble". SAM WILSON "You find a place in Brooklyn yet?". STEVE ROGERS "I don't think I can afford a place in Brooklyn". SAM WILSON "Well, home is home, you know?". Rhodes is telling the same story he told Stark and Thor to a group of people at the party. 

JAMES RHODES "I fly it right up to the General's palace, I drop it at his feet, I'm like, 'Boom! You looking for this?". The group laughs. 

Steve and Thor are talking to an elderly man at the party. PARTY GUEST "I gotta have some of that!". THOR "Oh, no, no, no. See this, this was aged for a thousand years, in the barrels built from the wreck of Grunhel's fleet, it was not meant for mortal men. Thor pours the drink into two glasses and hands one to Steve. STAN LEE "Neither was Omaha Beach, blondie. Stop trying to scare us. Come on". THOR "Alright". Thor pours some of the drink into Stan Lee's glass; later Stan, looking extremely drunk is being carried off by two men. STAN LEE, singing, "Excelsior".

Natasha is pouring a drink behind the bar when Banner walks up to her. BRUCE BANNER "How'd a nice girl like you wind up working in a dump like this?". NATASHA ROMANOFF "Fella was done me wrong". BRUCE BANNER "You got a lousy taste in men, kid". NATASHA ROMANOFF "He's not so bad. Well, he has a temper. Deep down he's all fluff. Fact is, he's not like anybody I've ever known. All my friends are fighters. And here comes this guy, spends his life avoiding the fight because he knows he'll win". BRUCE BANNER "Sounds amazing". NATASHA ROMANOFF "He's also a huge dork". Banner looks embarrassed. "Chicks dig that. So what do you think should I fight this, or run with it?". BRUCE BANNER "Run with it, right? Or, did he... Was he...? What did he do that was so wrong to you?". NATASHA ROMANOFF "Not a damn thing. But never say never". 

Natasha walks away, and Steve approaches. STEVE ROGERS "It's nice". BRUCE BANNER "What, what, what is?". STEVE ROGERS "You and Romanoff". BRUCE BANNER "No, we haven't. That wasn't...". STEVE ROGERS "It's okay. Nobody's breaking any by-laws. It's just, she's not the most... open person in the world. But with you she seems very relaxed". BRUCE BANNER "No, Natasha, she... she likes to flirt". STEVE ROGERS "I've seen her flirt, up close. This ain't that. Look, as maybe the world's leading authority on 'waiting too long;' don't. You both deserve a win". Steve walks off. BRUCE BANNER "Wait, what do you mean, 'up close'?".