"The World is a Big Place, Let's Start Making it Smaller"

The Avengers, while they are fighting back, are mostly trying to avoid getting hit. STEVE ROGERS  "Stark!". Stark is attacking one of the Iron Legion bots with a fondue fork. IRON LEGION "We are here to help". TONY STARK "One sec, one sec I got this!". IRON LEGION "We are here to help...". A half-destroyed Iron Legion bot uses its thrusters to hold itself aloft, advancing on Dr. Helen Cho. "We are here to help... Is unsafe. Please back away". ULTRON "Hmm". The Iron Legion lowers its weapon, and Steve grabs it and throws it away for Thor to hit with his hammer. STEVE ROGERS "Thor!". IRON LEGION, Stark continues to try and attack the Iron Legions with his fork, "It's unsafe. It's unsafe. It's unsafe". TONY STARK "Come on! That's the one!". IRON LEGION "It's unsafe". He shuts it down and it falls to the floor. The fighting continues until Alex throws Cap's shield at him. ALEX REID "Cap!". Steve uses his shield to dismember the last Iron Legion bot. ULTRON "That was dramatic! I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to... evolve?". He picks up one of the dismembered Iron Legion bots. "With these? These puppets?". He crushes the Iron Legion bot's head. "There's only one path to peace: The Avengers' extinction". Thor throws his hammer and destroys Ultron's body. ULTRON, after Thor destroys his body, Ultron starts singing, "I had string, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me". We see Ultron has uploaded his consciousness in the abandoned Sokovia base.

The Avengers are gathered in the lab. BRUCE BANNER "All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch". STEVE ROGERS "Ultron". NATASHA ROMANOFF "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other". JAME RHODES "He's in your files, he's on the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?". MARIA HILL "Nuclear codes". JAME RHODES "Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can". NATASHA ROMANOFF "Nukes? He said he wanted us dead". STEVE ROGERS "He didn't say dead. He said extinct". ALEX REID "He also said he killed somebody". MARIA HILL "But there wasn't anyone else in the building". TONY STARK "Yes there was". Stark brings up the now-destroyed 3D image of Jarvis' consciousness. BRUCE BANNER "This is insane". STEVE ROGERS "Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense". BRUCE BANNER "No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't a strategy, this is...rage".

Thor barges in and grabs hold of Stark by his throat, holding him up. ALEX REID "Woah, Woah, Woah! It's going around". TONY STARK, to Thor, "Come on. Use your words, buddy". THOR "I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark". STEVE ROGERS "Thor! The Legionnaire". Thor lets go of Stark. THOR "Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again". NATASHA ROMANOFF "The genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron". DR. HELEN CHO "I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?". Stark starts laughing, Banner subtly shakes his head at him to get him to stop. THOR "You think this is funny?". TONY STARK "No. It's probably not, right? Is this so... is it so... it is. It's so terrible". THOR "This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand". TONY STARK "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this". BRUCE BANNER "Tony, maybe this might not be the time to--". TONY STARK "Really?! That's it? You just roll over, show your belly, every time somebody snarls". BRUCE BANNER "Only when I've created a murder bot". TONY STARK "We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?". STEVE ROGERS "Well, you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than SHIELD". TONY STARK "Anybody remembers when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?". JAMES RHODES "No, it's never come up". TONY STARK "Saved New York?". JAME RHODES "Never heard that". TONY STARK "Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?". STEVE ROGERS "Together". TONY STARK "We'll lose". STEVE ROGERS "Then we'll do that together, too". Stark looks at him for a moment before turning away. "Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world a big place. Let's start making it smaller".