"Sounds like a cold world Tony"

The Avengers are on an aircraft heading out of Sokovia, Natasha interrupts Banner who's listening to opera with his headphones. NATASHA ROMANOFF "Hey, the lullaby worked better than ever. BRUCE BANNER "Just wasn't expecting the Code Green". NATASHA ROMANOFF "If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties. My best friend would've been a treasured memory". BRUCE BANNER "You know, sometimes exactly what I want to hear isn't exactly what I want to hear". NATASHA ROMANOFF "How long before you trust me?". BRUCE BANNER "It's not you, I don't trust". NATASHA ROMANOFF "Thor, report on the Hulk?". THOR "The gates of Hell are filled with the screams of his victims". Natasha glares at Thor and Banner groans in despair. "Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout". TONY STARK "Hey banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?". BRUCE BANNER "Uh, yeah, she knows her way around". TONY STARK "Thanks", to Jarvis, "Tell her to prep everything, Alex is gonna need the full treatment". JARVIS "Very good sir". TONY STARK "Jarvis, take the wheel". JARVIS "Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked". TONY STARK, to Thor and Steve, looking at the scepter, "It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but...". THOR "No, but this... this brings it to a close". STEVE ROGERS "As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?". TONY STARK "Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?". Thor nods his head. "I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?". THOR "Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels. TONY STARK "Yeah. Who doesn't love revels. Captain?". STEVE ROGERS "Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and Hydra, so. Yes, revels.

The Avengers aircraft lands at the Avengers tower in New York where Alex is taken by Dr. Cho to have her wounds tended to; Maria walks up to Stark. MARIA HILL "Lab's all set up, boss". TONY STARK, pointing to Steve, "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler". STEVE ROGERS "What's the word on Strucker?". MARIA HILL "NATO's got him". STEVE ROGERS "The two enhanced?". MARIA HILL "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia has had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special. STEVE ROGERS "Their abilities?". MARIA HILL "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation". Steve looks at her funny, and she rephrases the statement so he can understand. "He's fast and she's weird". STEVE ROGERS "Well, they're going to show up again". MARIA HILL "Agrees. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts". STEVE ROGERS "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?". MARIA HILL "We're not at war, Captain". STEVE ROGERS "They are". 

BRUCE BANNER, in Banner's lab; referring to Alex, "How's she doing?". TONY STARK "Oh, unfortunately, she's still Alex". BRUCE BANNER "That's terrible". TONY STARK "She's fine. She's thirsty". Tony walking over to the computers. "Alright. Look alive, Jarvis. It's playtime. We've only got a couple of days with this joystick so let's make the most of it. Update me on the structural and compositional analysis". JARVIS "The scepter is alien. There are elements I can't quantify". TONY STARK "So there are elements you can". JARVIS "The jewel appears to be a protective housing for something inside. Something powerful". TONY STARK "Like a reactor?". JARVIS "Like a computer. I believe I'm deciphering code". NATASHA ROMANOFF, to Dr. Cho, as she tends to Alex's wounds, You sure she's going to be okay?". Pretending to need this girl really brings the team together. DR. HELEN CHO "There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. Her cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum". BRUCE BANNER "She's creating tissue". DR. HELEN CHO "If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes". TONY STARK "Oh, she's flatlining. Call it. Time?". ALEX REID "No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic". TONY STARK, hands Alex a drink, "Here's your beverage". DR. HELEN CHO "You'll be made of you, Miss. Alex Reid. Your own boyfriend won't be able to tell the difference. ALEX REID "Well, I don't have a boyfriend". DR. HELEN CHO "That I can't fix. This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust". TONY STARK "Well, that is exactly the plan. And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday. DR. HELEN CHO "Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties". She hesitates a moment before asking. "Will Thor be there?". 

BRUCE BANNER "What's the rumpus?". TONY STARK "Well, the scepter. You see, we were wondering how Strucker got so inventive. So I've been analyzing the gem inside-- You may recognize". He brings up a 3D image of Jarvis's consciousness. BRUCE BANNER "Jarvis". JARVIS "Doctor". TONY STARK "Started out, Jarvis was just a natural language UI. Now he runs the Iron Legion. He runs more of the business than anyone besides Pepper". BRUCE BANNER "Oh!". TONY STARK "Top of the line". BRUCE BANNER "Yes". JARVIS "I suspect not for long". TONY STARK "Meet the competition. He brings up another 3D image of what's inside the scepter. BRUCE BANNER "It's beautiful". TONY STARK "If you had to guess, what's it look like it's doing?". BRUCE BANNER "Like it's thinking. I mean this could be a... it's not a human mind, it...". TONY STARK "Um-um". BRUCE BANNER "I mean, look at this! They're like neurons firing". TONY STARK "Down in Strucker's lab I saw some fairly advanced robotics work. They deep-sixed the data, but... I gotta guess he was knocking on a very particular door. BRUCE BANNER "Artificial intelligence". TONY STARK "This could be it, Bruce. This could be the key to creating Ultron". BRUCE BANNER "I thought Ultron was a fantasy". TONY STARK "Yesterday it was. If we can harness this power, apply it to my Iron Legion protocol". BRUCE BANNER "That's a mad-sized if". TONY STARK "Our job is 'if'. What if you were sipping margaritas on a sun-drenched beach turning brown instead of green? Not looking over your shoulder for Veronica". BRUCE BANNER "Don't hate, I helped design Veronica". Tony Stark "As a worst-case measure, right? How about a best-case? What if the world was safe? What if next time aliens roll up to the club, and they will, they couldn't get past the bouncer?". BRUCE BANNER "The only people threatening the planet would be people?". TONY STARK "I want to apply this to the Ultron program. But Jarvis can't download a data schematic this dense. We can only do it while we have the scepter here, that's three days, give me three days". BRUCE BANNER "So you're going for artificial intelligence and you don't want to tell the team". TONY STARK "Right. That's right, you know why, because we don't have time for a city hall debate. I don't want to hear the 'man was not meant to meddle' medley. I see a suit of armor around the world". BRUCE BANNER "Sounds like a cold world, Tony". TONY STARK "I've seen colder. This one, this very vulnerable blue one? It needs Ultron. Peace in our time. Imagine that".