"The worst part is that you didn't"

U-Gin Genetic Lab, in Seoul, Korea, as Cho enters her lab, she sees Ultron. ULTRON "Scream and your entire staff die. I could've killed you, Helen, the night we met. I didn't". DR. HELEN CHO "Do you expect a thank you note?". ULTRON "I expect you to know why". DR. HELEN CHO "The Cradle". She hears her own recorded voice. "This is the next thing, Tony". ULTRON "This...is the next me". DR. HELEN CHO "The regeneration cradle prints tissue, it can't build a living body". ULTRON "It can, you can. You lack the materials. You're a brilliant woman, Helen. But we all have room to improve". Ultron uses the scepter to mind-control Cho. 

At Alex's house, Natasha and Banner are still experiencing the after-effects of Wanda's hallucinations; Banner walks out of the bathroom and sees Natasha waiting outside. BRUCE BANNER "I didn't realize you were waiting". NATASHA ROMANOFF "I would've joined you, but uh, it didn't seem like the right time". BRUCE BANNER "They used up all the hot water". NATASHA ROMANOFF "I should've joined you". BRUCE BANNER "Missed our window". NATASHA ROMANOFF "Did we?". BRUCE BANNER "The world just saw the Hulk. The real Hulk, for the first time. You know I have to leave". NATASHA ROMANOFF "But you assume that I have to stay? I had this, um, dream. The kind that seems normal at the time, but when you wake...". BRUCE BANNER "What did you dream?". NATASHA ROMANOFF "That I was an Avenger. That I was anything more than the assassin they made me". BRUCE BANNER "I think you're being hard on yourself". NATASHA ROMANOFF "Here I was hoping that was your job". She moves closer to him. BRUCE BANNER "What are you doing?". NATASHA ROMANOFF "I'm running with it, with you. If running's the plan, as far as you want". BRUCE BANNER "Are you out of your mind?". Banner turns away from her. NATASHA ROMANOFF "I want you to understand that I'm...". BRUCE BANNER "Natasha, where can I go? Where in the world am I not a threat?". NATASHA ROMANOFF "You're not a threat to me". BRUCE BANNER "You sure? Even if I didn't just... there's no future with me. I can't ever... I can't have this, kid. Do the math, I physically can't". NATASHA ROMANOFF "Neither can I. In the Red Room, where I was trained, where I was raised, um, they have a graduation ceremony. They sterilize you. It's efficient. One less thing to worry about. The one thing that might matter more than a mission. It makes everything easier. Even killing. (She hesitates for a moment) You still think you're the only monster on the team?". BRUCE BANNER "What, so we disappear?".

Steve and Stark are chopping wood outside Alex's house. TONY STARK "Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?". STEVE ROGERS "Sometimes my teammates don't tell me things. I was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception". TONY STARK "Yeah, give him time. We don't know what the Maximoff kid showed him". STEVE ROGERS "Earth's Mightiest Heroes'. Pulled us apart like cotton candy". TONY STARK "Seems like you walked away all right". STEVE ROGERS "Is that a problem?". TONY STARK "I don't trust a guy without a dark side. Call me old-fashioned". STEVE ROGERS "Well let's just say you haven't seen it yet". TONY STARK "You know Ultron is trying to tear us apart, right?". STEVE ROGERS "Well I guess you'd know. Whether you tell us is a bit of a question". TONY STARK "Banner and I were doing research". STEVE ROGERS "That would affect the team". TONY STARK "That would end the team. Isn't that the mission? Isn't that the 'why we fight, so we can end the fight, so we get to go home?". STEVE ROGERS "Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time". LAURA REID, Laura interrupts them, "I'm sorry. Mr. Stark, uh, Alex said you wouldn't mind, but, our tractor, doesn't seem to want to start at all. I thought maybe you might...". TONY STARK "Yeah, I'll give her a kick". To Steve as he turns to leave; referring to his pile of chopped wood. "Don't take from my pile". Stark enters the barn and walks over to the tractor. "Hello, Deere. Tell me everything. What ails you?".

Fury shows up from the other end of the barn. NICK FURY "Do me a favor. Try not to bring it to life". TONY STARK "Ah, Mrs. Reid, you little minx. I get it, Maria Hill called you, right? Was she ever not working for you?". NICK FURY "Artificial intelligence. You never even hesitated". TONY STARK "Look, it's been a really long day, like, Eugene O'Neill long, so how's about we skip to the part where you're useful?". NICK FURY "Look me in the eye and tell me you're going to shut him down". TONY STARK "You're not the director of me". NICK FURY "I'm not the director of anybody. I'm just an old man, who cares very much about you". TONY STARK "And I'm the man who killed the Avengers. I saw it. I didn't tell the team, how could I? I saw them all dead, Nick. I felt it. The whole world, too. It's because of me. I wasn't ready. I didn't do all I could". NICK FURY "The Maximoff girl, she's working you, Stark. Playing on your fear". TONY STARK "I wasn't tricked, I was shown. It wasn't a nightmare, it was my legacy. The end of the path I started us on". NICK FURY "You've come up with some pretty impressive inventions, Tony. War isn't one of them". TONY STARK "I watch my friends die. You'd think that'd be as bad as it gets, right? Nope. Wasn't the worst part". NICK FURY "The worst part is that you didn't".