[09.] parting

<3

melancholic_pineapple on insta :)
ajajaajbs loOK AT PAYA IN THIS ART STYLE IT'S SO GOOD

-

The mornings in Hateno Village were almost always gorgeous. Everything was illuminated in the warm, golden glow as the sun peeked over the horizon. It was only visible if you looked over the cliff behind the tech lab, out into the vast ocean. (Name) found herself waking up just before dawn and scrambling up to the tech lab to watch the sunrise every morning. It reminded her of home. It's funny how you can go anywhere, yet the sun, moon, and stars all stay the same.

It was her last morning in Hateno. Not last last, just for the time being. She and Link had been sparring and training for a little over a month now, and he was impressed with how fast she picked up everything he taught her. (Name) could now easily take down monsters on her own, and she knew how to at least use every type of weapon she might come across.

Link had deemed her ready to start exploring on her own, with the agreement that she updates him every day. They didn't have much time to wait around. They had agreed that (Name) would go unlock and explore the Hebra whilst Link would go to the Gerudo desert to try and find shock arrows a different way, and get details on Vah Naboris, the camel divine beast.

Link left the night before. He gave (Name) some of his weapons, just a few different bows and some swords. (Name) currently had a Lizal bow and a royal broadsword strapped to her back, along with a wooden shield. She inhaled softly, letting the crisp morning air fill her lungs.

"Alright (Name), I'm gonna go," Link said, holding his slate, but still looking at (Name). She smiled and waved softly. He sighed and put his slate down. He then raised his arms so that they were resting on (Name)'s shoulders.

"Remember. Call me if you need my help. I'll drop everything and come to you. Don't be reckless. If I don't hear from you in 24 hours, I'll come to find you, okay? Don't fight anything that looks too strong. Make sure you have plenty of arrows, pick up every weapon, stock up on food. Do you have health elixirs? You need more health elixirs. I'll-" (Name) quieted him by pressing her hand to his mouth.

"Okay, mom," she rolled her eyes as she removed her hand. "Listen, Link. I can handle myself! I have the money and elixirs you gave me. I have enough arrows and tools. And, yes. I promise if I'm in danger I will call you." (Name) cupped the side of his face.

"I'll be fine." Link smiled at her. She smiled back.

Then she pinched his cheek.

"Ow!"

"Get going, idiot."

(Name) chuckled softly at the memory. He was such a worry-wart when it came to other people, yet he did crazy, reckless things all the time. She was sure he'd almost died on multiple occasions.

The sky was still dark with night, and (Name) was about to sit down when something caught her eye. She squinted towards the peak of Lanaryu mountain. Suddenly, she gasped. A huge dragon spiralled down from the sky. It glowed a bright purple, standing out against the stars. (Name)'s breath was caught in her throat. She felt a pull in her stomach, an urge to go to the mysterious beast.