[12.] familiar

<3

HERE IS A CHPTER OMFG ITS UNEDITED UMM AJIFDFAOIH IM SORRY FOR BEING SO LATE TT

-

Fuck. This was way harder than (Name) anticipated.

The challenge she had been faced with at the bottom of the tower wasn't much of a challenge. Those large chunks of ice were no match for a small campfire and a bit of a wait. No, (Name) was having trouble somewhere else.

That somewhere else currently being the side of the tall tower, in-between two platforms. (Name) was gripping the cold metal to the point where her knuckles were white, but her fingers were still bright red from the cold. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she muttered profanities under her breath.

Fuck! Okay, okay... don't look down. That's all. Just don't look down and you're fine, okay?

...God, Link makes this look so easy.

Willing her frozen hands to move, she slowly picked her way up to the next platform. (Name) had not thought she would be fazed by the tall tower, but she suddenly gained a new fear of heights after being up so high, and here she was, trembling at the large distance to the ground.

Hauling herself up to the next and final platform, she gave herself no breaks before scampering up the hole to the top of the tower and collapsing on the floor. Her breathing was erratic as she tried to calm herself down, dragging a hand through her hair and taking deep breaths of the chilly air. The ceiling of the tower was vaulted, and a big stalactite hung from the ceiling. 

"You did wonderfully, young one," a soft voice spoke. It surprised the girl, but mostly because it sounded so utterly familiar. She collected herself from the floor and turned to look at the speaker. A figure with a hooded cloak was at the other end of the tower, facing away from (Name), gazing at the picturesque beauty that was Hyrule, sprawled out in front of them. 

"Thanks, although I did struggle a bit. I didn't realize climbing so high would be that nerve-wracking..." (Name) replied, walking to stand next to the cloaked figure. They chuckled to themselves quietly.

"You always did have a slight fear of heights..."

"Hm? I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that." 

"Ah, it's nothing, dear. Now, go complete your task, for I wish to tell you something after," They spoke. (Name) nodded slowly before turning towards the pedestal. She spotted a sheikah sate sized hole in the stone, with a clip sticking up. Inserting the slate into the clip, She watched the slate as it was lowered onto the platform and sunk down into the stone.  

Sheikah Tower activated

The tower rumbled, and light flew up through the bottom, illuminating the whole tower with a blue glow. A circle on the ground also lit up with the light, signalling that the tower was now a teleport point on the map. 

Scanning area...

The stalactite glowed, and strands of ancient text flowed down the sides to form a single blue drop, which fell onto the slate, turning the lights on and around it the same electric blue. The screen on the map lit up, and it zoomed in on the region. The black faded away, and a map of the Hebra Mountains appeared. 

Regional map extracted. 

The slate popped back up, and (Name) took it into her hands. The cloaked figure hadn't moved. 

"Was there... something you wanted to tell me?" The figure turned around and approached her, arms outstretched. They were young and smooth, but slightly translucent. Stopping in front of (Name), they pushed their hood back and let it fall away. (Name)'s heart stopped. 

A woman stood before her, young and gorgeous. Her hair was a stunning blonde that glowed ethereally, and a golden circlet sat nestled above her pointy ears, with an emerald resting in the centre. Her eyes were a shimmering honey-yellow, irises that conveyed so much love and affection but held a soft sort of melancholy, one that made her seem many years older than her appearance. The woman had a sort of dreamlike quality, and (Name) couldn't get rid of the aching feeling of familiarity. 

The woman's hands clasped over (Name)'s own, and her lovely voice began to speak. 

"Child... you must help me. I have hidden something, something very important. I have kept it safe for as long as I could, but my power is waning. You must find it and guard it, protect it, for it is a weapon of the gods. In the wrong hands, I'm afraid it could cause disaster, a disaster much worse than the one we currently face. He searches for it, but it must be you who finds it. The only one who may wield such power is the one created for it," Her hand swept over the sheikah slate. 

"Find the remnants of the old gods, and they shall guide you. Your journey is long, my dear, and I leave you with a gift, one that will be most beneficial until you remember yourself. Farewell, child." The woman released (Name)'s hands, and stepped back, already starting to dissolve into green mist.

(Name) snapped back to her senses. 

"Wh- Wait! Where are you going?"

The woman smiled. 

"Mmm... probably to see how my Rhoam is faring. It will be so lovely to see him again..." (Name)'s eyes widened.

"N-no! Wait, you can't leave! N-not until you tell me who you are! Why do you know me?" The woman merely smiled, fading faster as (Name) stepped toward her, reaching her arms out to grab her wrist. 

"No, no, no, wait, WAIT! WHY DO I-" 

And she was gone. No more than a gentle breeze. (Name)'s fingers felt nothing but air. She could feel tears gather at the corners of her eyes. A green paraglider with a yellow triforce embroidered on the sail sat where the woman once was. 

"Why do I know you... Calendula?"

-

I ACCIDENTALY SAID TABANTHA IN THE PAST CHAPS I CHANGED IT TO HEBRA TABANTHA IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OMG IM AN IDIOT SIJOASODOFOIH

ANYWAYS i get rlly happy when i see people interact with this book aoaijfhahf i love reading ur comments and stuff, and ik u prolly hear ppl say this all the time, but i mean it omg i love u guys sm <3

word count: 1171

...unedited

07/28/21