Prolouge

Carter Lahey was never one to even think that the supernatural was real. Even as she read books and played fantasy games with her brother, she never thought they could be real.

Until Derek Hale bit her and her brother when she was only 13.

This inevitably ended her social life as a young beta. Being so young and going through puberty, it was hard to control herself when it came to wolfing out. No matter the effort Isaac put into it, neither Lahey could find Cater's anchor. So they resorted to homeschooling after their father died and the two went to live with Derek.

Derek became quite the father figure for the young girl. Never having a good role model, Carter was quite surprised when she figured out Derek had a soft spot for her. It was nice to felt cared for.

That was, until he kicked her and Isaac out.

Carter felt betrayed for a long time by him, but eventually forgave him. Scott and Melissa McCall took the two in immediately, more than happy to provide a home for the two. Melissa quickly took on a mother roll for young Carter, who never had much of a mom to begin with. Melissa made her feel safe and loved, the same as Isaac did. Scott and Melissa quickly became her family.

Carter really never had much family other than Isaac. After their mother died when the younger was only four, their father wasn't exactly a father.

While Isaac used to get locked in a freezer, Carter would get strapped down completely, unable to move. She was left there for many many hours, and sometimes days. It didn't matter if she was hungry, thirsty, or needed to use the bathroom. This started her Claustrophobia. Not so much small spaces, but being unable to move or escape.

Everything in Carter's world went completely crashing down after Allison died. Her brother was absolutely heartbroken after having fallen in love with Allison. Carter couldn't handle her brother in so much pain. Not only that, Allison was like family.

When Isaac decided to leave for France, he made sure Carter would be well taken care of. Melissa didn't hesitate to let the girl live there for as long as she wanted. Paperwork was required to sign Melissa as her legal guardian, and Carter was almost afraid to sign the papers. She felt as if she was writing her brother away forever.

"I'm not going away forever. I just need away from Beacon Hills. But the moment you need me I'll be right back here. Even if it's something as small as your first boyfriend breaking your heart. You're gonna call me everyday, okay? I'm always here, Car."

Carter's life continued like normal. When Freshman year approached, she finally got to go back to school. With all her supernatural friends being at the same school, she would have support incase she lost control.

Did she expect to find a Lacrosse playing puppy with an I.E.D and fall in love? No.