7.0

Scott was still figuring out the plan to find Kate.

After Carter talked to him at Lunch, he let her know that it was okay to hangout with Mason and Liam, and that he would call if she was needed. The girl still felt a little hesitant to go, just in case something went wrong or they decided not to tell her about a plan they conjured like Mexico. In the end she decided to go. It would be fun to get to know Liam more and she needed to distract herself for a minute.

She was only two minutes late getting down to the Lacrosse field. Liam was shooting balls into the net for practice while Mason would collect the ball and throw it back.

"Hola Mamacitas!" Carter caught their attention with her yell. "How's it hanging?"

"Thought you weren't gonna show for a minute." Mason yelled across the field. Of course she could of heard him if he talked normally or even whispered.

"Nah, i'm here." Carter smiled at Liam, who smiled in return. "Wanna run drills?"

The next week passed faster than Carter could of imagined. It was filled with going to school, hanging out with her friends, and looking for Kate at night. Carter couldn't count the amount of times she ran downtown, looking for a scent that would disappear or be not the right thing. It was growing frustrating.

Day after day of coming to school exhausted. Her friends were growing worried at this point. It hadn't been this bad since Stiles went missing, they thought he just went away, they didn't know the real truth behind what was happening.

"You can take a nap if you want." Liam suddenly spoke. It was study period on thursday. Mason had it with them but he had to make up a test so it just left Liam and Carter. They weren't as close as Mason and her but they were close enough. "I'll wake you up when the bell rings."

"Cant get comfy." Carter mumbled, staring down at her history book. She wasn't even reading, just staring. She spent a good ten minutes trying to get comfortable in a the stiff library chair and nothing was working. She eventually just gave up.

"You can uh...lean on me, if you need to?" He looked down awkwardly. Carter smiled gratefully and leaned back in her seat before getting comfortable, her head on Liam's shoulder. It only took her two minutes to pass out. Liam barely breathed for the next hour, too afraid of waking her.

And yes, Mason did walk in, take a picture, and tease Liam for a good 10 minutes.

Today was the day of Lacrosse tryouts. Scott had been worried all day about whether or not he was still team captain. Stiles and Carter had been doing their best to tell him that he was. Coach wouldn't replace him unless someone became better than Scott. And nobody was better than Scott.

The Lahey girl decided to head to school early. She wanted to be there for tryouts, as not only we're her two almost-brothers on the team, but Liam was trying out and she wanted to be there for support. After practicing with him everyday this week, she had no doubt coach would let him on the team.

"You don't have to be here." Liam glanced at the girl, sitting on the bleachers, lacing up his stick.

"You're right I don't. But not only are my two idiots on the team but i wanna be here for support for you." Carter gently patted her friend on the shoulder. "Now go out there and practice. Show everyone what you got."

He gave her a smile and ran out onto the field. Carter watched with a proud smile as he took goalie position, ready to block any shots.

"Yeah but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at tryouts today." Carter's enhanced hearing caught Scott's words. Glancing over, she saw Stiles and Scott entering the field from between the bleachers.