3.0

"Hey Car?"

"Yeah?"

"Your phones ringing."

Not long after Liam and Carter's small moment, Garett pulled up to the Hewitt household. Mason was glad he had all his friends in the same place. Currently, Mason and Carter were going against each other in a video game while the other three laughed at them. Liam found it was quite entertaining to watch Carter, because every time she would lose she would say an interesting insult. His favorites so far were broken Crayon and turkey sandwich.

"Who is it?" The girl barely looked away from the screen.

"Someone named FBI?"

Carter threw away the xbox remote immediately and snatched her phone. Darting from the room, she answered the phone quickly.

"Stiles?" She asked as she shut Mason's door so they couldn't hear.

"No-Malia." The were coyote spoke. "Lydia said we should call you because you might be worried."

"Of course i'm worried! My five favorite people went to Mexico without me and I'm not there to protect you." Carter whisper shouted in worry. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Stiles Jeep broke down but other than that we're all fine." She answered. "Are you okay?"

Malia wasn't very good at friendships. The only person she really cared for at first was Stiles. But Carter was good at teaching so she helped the new human with trying to catch up in school. Due to that, they grew quite close. Carter was in second place for people Malia would never leave behind. Carter took a lot of pride in that.

"I'm fine. I'm over at my friends, trying to distract myself. Did you guys find Derek?"

"Not yet. We'll tell you as soon as we do."

"Thanks. Be safe please?"

"Will do." Malia never said goodbye when she talked on the phone. Why she used Stiles-nobody knows. But the line went dead a second later. Carter let out a breath of relief. Her friends were okay and Derek was going to be found. She took a minute to compose herself before entering the bedroom again.

"Everything okay?" Violet was first to ask. All four of her friends watched in concern.

"Yeah. My friends went on a camping trip, they don't get good service so when they do, they call to check in." Carter smiled in reassurance. "V, you can play."

"I don't know how." She looked confused at the controller in her hand.

"We'll teach you." Garett motioned her into Mason's other gaming spot and the two males started explaining. Carter said down on the bed next to Liam, ready to relax.

"You sure you're okay?" Carter looked over and met Liam's concerned gaze. "You left really quick."

"Yeah. I'm good." Carter smiled in reassurance. Liam nodded and looked away towards Violet playing. Carter took a second to admire him before looking over too.

It was around 10:30 when Garett decided it was time to take everyone home. They said their goodbyes to Mason and the four friends left. Carter was ready to go home and try to sleep.

"See you tomorrow, my loves." Carter jumped out of the car. "I love you all."

Violet and Garett yelled out that they loved her too, while Liam shyly mumbled it, unaware if she was addressing him as well. Carter gave him a smile of reassurance and walked up to the front door, using her key to open it.

"HONEY IM HOME!"

Scott and Stiles still weren't back the next morning. Nor did she have any calls or texts from them. She was even more worried now. But she still had to go to school and act like everything was fine. Her anxiety was not helping her wolf side.