12.0

The last thought on Carter's mind was Liam. He was suppose to be safe in his room, probably getting taken to x-rays as she ran.

So imagine her shock when she ran onto the roof and found Sean Walcott holding Liam near the edge of the building. Panic struck through her seeing Liam's struggling form.

"Get back!" Sean screamed, doing his best to hold the resisting Liam.

"You don't need to do this!" Scott yelled. Carter allowed herself to shift back, breathing heavily from running up the stairs. "Whatever it is, whatever you are, we can help you."

"No, you can't."

"Let me help you." Scott tried to reassure. Carter's eyes didn't move from Liam.

"Wendigo's don't need help. We need food." Sean demanded.

Liam let out a scream, resisting against Seans hold to the point where he just about got out of it. Sean still managed to grab his arm. Scott roared, jumping onto the platform they were on. Carter wasn't far behind.

Unfortunately she didn't get there in time. Sean had thrown Liam towards the edge, made him stumble over it, only holding on with his hands.

"LIAM!" Carter grabbed his hands, Scott not far behind after shoving Sean. The two started to pull him up when Carter was grabbed and yanked back. A cry left her lips as she flew back and off the small platform, groaning in pain.

Before someone got hurt, she jumped up and ran for the edge...only to see a tall man stab an axe into Sean's back.

Her body froze as Sean fell back, obviously dead now. Scott yanked Liam up from the edge and he collapsed to the floor.

The two werewolves kept their eyes on the tall bald man starting to walk away. Before he could turn the corner, he turned around towards the two...exposing the skin of his mouth that wasn't there. His finger lifted up, pressing against the skin where his mouth should of been, a silent way of saying to be quiet. Then, he walked off.

Carter snapped her head over at the sound of Liam's pain. He clutched his arm, his teeth grit. She rushed over, grabbing his hand and gently peeling it away to assess the damage. Liam made noises of pain as she did.

"Scott...what did you do?"

Staring back at her was a bite mark.

Scott had given Liam the bite.

Scott did not do well in a state of panic. So while Carter ran off to call 911, he was left to deal with Liam.

Apparently that meant take him and run cause when she came back with the police he wasn't there. He wasn't answering his phone either. She told what she could to the sheriff, not really know what she could and couldn't say. He let her go with the excuse that she had to find Scott.

Her next plan was Scott's house. Which, he was home, she could smell him from outside. Running up the steps, she slammed the front door open, Stiles and Scott both looking at her.

"What's going on?" She asked, stepping inside and shutting the door.

"Liam's upstairs." Was all Scott said.

"Doing what?" Stiles asked, confused.

"Lying down."

Apparently he meant lying down in a bathtub wrapped in duck tape.

"Liam-"

Stiles grabbed her before she could untie him. He then slowly shut the curtain. The tied up man's noises of distress sent a pang to her heart.