11.0

The car ride to the hospital was a painful one. Getting Liam into the car was hard enough. Scott and Carter rode in the back so Liam could have the front. Getting him out was rough as well.

Soon enough, Liam was leaning on Carter and Stiles, doing his best to stay upright as Scott tried to check him in. Unfortunately, Melissa decided to turn the corner right then.

"Uh, hi mom." Scott spoke awkwardly. Stiles waved sarcastically as Carter smiled sheepishly.

Melissa ran off to find a wheelchair, and with the help of the younger girl, managed to get him in it.

"Don't worry, Liam. We'll take good care of you." Melissa did her best to reassure. Anyone could see the anxiety on the males face. The older rolled Liam away, probably to x-rays while Carter remained with her two friends.

"I'm really disappointed in the two of you." She started, making the two look at her. "This is the exact reason we have a rule of no wolf powers on the field. You just may of ruined Liam's chance on the team. I understand you want to keep your position as captain, but you just put someone's life at risk for it."

Neither Scott or Stiles knew what to say, so they remained silent, Carter scoffed to herself and walked off, following Liam's scent to find him once more.

Carter managed to find Melissa, who told her what room Liam was in. She also told her Liam would be taken to x-rays soon and his stepfather was in there.

"His step-dad is a doctor?" She whispered to herself as she headed down the hall. Liam didn't talk about his home life much.

When Carter found the room, she waited for a few seconds before peaking her head in. Liam glanced up, smiling lightly. Seeing the movement, his stepfather looked up as well.

"Sorry, I'll come back in a minute." She went to walk away.

"It's okay." Doctor Geyer smiled gently at her. "You can come in. Are you a friend of Liam's?"

"Yeah. Hi I'm Carter." She held out her hand for a handshake.

"Oh you're Carter? Nice to meet you I'm Mr Geyer." He smiled teasingly at his stepson. Carter smiled at the small interaction as Liam flushed pink.

"So what's the damage?" She glanced at her friend and back to the doctor.

"That is what we were about to figure out." Mr Geyer looked back towards Liam's leg, leaning down to examine, Once again, Carter's hand found Liams, letting him squeeze as tight as he needed. Although she could tell he was holding back, probably worried he would hurt her. He was still unaware of her wolf strength.

"Okay, just..." Mr Geyer finally took his hands away. Liam's eyes didn't move from his leg. The older male let out a heavy sigh.

"It's broken, isn't it?" Liam asked, he smelled like disappointed and you could clearly see it in his eyes.

"It's definitely going to need an x-ray."

"It's broken and it's my fault." Liam ripped his hand away from Carter's, making the girl frown. But she took a step back anyway, letting him have his space.

"You want to tell me what happened?" Mr Geyer tried to make eye contact with his stepson, who still stared at his leg.

"I went up against two juniors." Liam finally looked at him. "One of them is captain of the team." Carter watched him with sad eyes. He truly believed this was his fault.

"Remember what we always say?" He's placed a hand on his shoulder. "Play smart, not hard." Liam glanced away almost in shame.

"Are you mad at me?" That sentence broke her heart.

"No, of course not. Your mom might be mad at me for getting you into lacrosse. But maybe we should both wait for the x-ray before we panic. And trust me, I have more reason to panic than you." Both males chuckled in amusement. "It's not over yet. Wait for the x-ray. Nice to meet you, Carter."

With that, the doctor left the room.

So that's what it's like to have a decent father.

"I'm sorry." Liam whispered suddenly. "Did I hurt your hand?"

"Oh. No." Carter laughed to herself. "I have a high pain tolerance you're fine."

It was silence for a little bit. Liam looked sad and afraid. Carter knew she had to do something. He didn't know about the supernatural. He didn't know Scott had used his werewolf senses to beat him.

"This isn't your fault." He looked at her. "Scott doesn't know his own strength sometimes, especially when he gets upset. This isn't your fault."

"Yeah well-"

"Well nothing. It's not your fault, Liam." He finally shut up, knowing there was no convincing her otherwise. Carter Lahey was a stubborn girl.

"You don't have to stay." He whispered, playing with his hands.

"I know. But I want to." Carter smiled gently. "You'd do the same for me." He nodded slightly in confirmation.

It was silent for a minute. The two just enjoyed the others presence. That was, until Carter's phone rang.

From Alpha:
Sean Walcott is the only survivor from the axe-murders. Need your help finding him. He's in the hospital right now.

Carter's body tensed. The single survivor was here. But was it just some psycho or was it supernatural? Again, what kind of supernatural creature kills with an axe?

"Everything okay?" Liam eyed her.

"Uh, yeah. I just have to go do something. Don't worry, I'll still be in the building. Call me if anything happens." Carter pressed a quick kiss to his forehead before she basically ran out of the room, seeing Scott at the end of the hall.

Liam was left behind once again, dumbfounded from the feeling of her lips against his skin.

"WAIT HOLD THE DOORS!" Scott screamed towards the people on the elevator, the two werewolves running as fast as they could. Nobody listened, and the doors shut before they could reach them.

"Stairs are this way." Carter grabbed Scott's sleeve and the two ran off towards the staircase. Six flights of stairs later, and they heard screaming.

It was Melissa, who was being dragged by someone covered in blood. It didn't take much for both to realize it was Sean and he was trying to hurt her. Scott let out a big alpha roar, fully shifted as he ran at Sean.

Carter ran towards Melissa, grabbing her and dragging her a little down the hall away from the fight. She was covered in blood from being grabbed by Sean. And now Carter's hands were coated in it.

Soon, Carter joined the fight, grabbing Sean before he could run away and trying to claw at him, now fully shifted as well. Sean batted her away, Soon grabbing her arms and slamming her against any surface he could find. Including the emergency fire extinguisher, which caused glass to penetrate her skin.

Sean ran off, leaving the two wolves to Melissa. Both turned towards her in worry.

"I'm okay. I'm alright." She reassured the two.

"Are you sure?"

"Go get that son of a bitch."

And so, they ran off to find the sick bitch.