Chapter 20

A long sigh always engulf me whenever  I think about Danielle's confession.  I am thinking about all the possibilities from his career as a teacher, from the toxicity of society and most importantly if his love is genuine. Because as a person like me who currently on the stage of gender confusion, I'm not quite certain myself about what I truly felt deep inside me. All I just know is that I long for his presence, I am happy with him and I felt a jolt of electricity whenever he touches me. Tho, he is quite irritating because of his shamelessness, but I still can't deny the happiness in my heart. The other part of him that only me did see left tickling sensation in my being. So I am willing to give it a try.  It won't kill me, will it?

But I don't understand. After he confessed He seems avoiding me and we barely even talk. It's quite new to me since I got used having him by my side. Was he angry that I didn't even said a word back then? Ughhh It's getting frustrating! I must console him at once.

Gotta pull ma self from bed and prepare to go to school. I just need to find a perfect time to talk with Danielle. I need to tell him that I'm willing to give it a try, and why he is avoiding me?

My family gotten more better, since mom and dad are always busy during weekdays we can't talk so much. So every weekend we will going to catch up with each other.

Dad dropped me at the school gate before he went to meet up with some of his client. So yeah, here I am again. I just walk directly towards my designated classroom not minding the surrounding.

It's not that it's my first time doing this, I'm doing it almost Everytime actually. Thought drifts away being carried by the wind as I sit at the chair in the window side. I love how the trees dances, the birds that are flying together. They're just to nice to see.

" Good morning class " An uproar that brought me back to my senses. I didn't realize that Mr. Guevarra is already in front of everyone.

" Are you ready for today?" Smile as he said. My classmates replied with all the excitement they have. While I  maintain silent.

" For the introduction of our topic, what is love for you?"  Everyone was lost by the question. None speak. Seconds had past and still no one have the courage to tell.

" Since none of you is willing to share your insight or thoughts about what is love. Then I'll share mine." He look at me on the eyes.

" Love is something that you can't imagine it's already there. You just realized that a certain person become a significant part of your life that you are afraid to lost them. You're even willing to sacrifice your own happiness just for you to see their smiles. " His eyes didn't even leaved even seconds on me while he is saying those. I saw the sadness within that looks.

Realization hit me. Yes, I become more certain that I love this guy. I want him and I'm willing to take the risk.

After that they talk about human stages of development up until the bell rang. But I'm still left into the question ' what is love ?'.

Doing my daily routine as usual and finally afternoon comes. I saw Danielle is walking towards the parking lot alone. And I believe this is the right time.

I run towards him before he could finally get into his car and drove away. I'm catching my breathing when I approach him.

" Mr. Guevarra" I pant heavily as I called his name.

" Nathan what's up? " Quick as he answered like he didn't avoided my presence.

" Can we have a talk?" He somewhat gives me the confused look. Is it weird to have a talk with your teacher? " In private" I added.

" Sure come inside" he open the car then went in. I followed him inside trying hard to maintain my stoic face .

" What is it?" He gently ask. I'm battling on how to say it. Fuck! Why did I didn't plan this beforehand.

" Danielle, ahm..a..after thinking all along I realized that I also have the same feeling with you. I...I also love you " the last part was almost unbearable for me to say. The temperature seems rose into highest level. God! This is killing me!

Surprised by what I said he seems unable to talk. He just stared at me like his spirit was gone. seconds, minutes had past but still no reaction.

" Hey! Why are you staring at me like that! If you don't want to then, yo... you can just pretend this never happened" I attempted to push the door open so I can leave. Maybe he don't want me at all.

I was stop Midway when he grab my hand and pull me into an embrace. He cope my face then slowly close the space between our lips. I can feel his gentle kiss that is free from lust. A kiss that is full of love.

When he stop, our eyes meet. His warm smile greeted me. He hold me again at his warm embrace and say " I love you so much my naughty boy!"