Chapter 22

Happiness, happiness was all I felt that moment. So that was the feeling of being in love? I might somewhat scared for the things that might happen. But I know I can do this.

Danielle and I decided not to publicize our relationship yet. At school we still act as a student and teacher doing our own role. And after school we either go to the park or doing stargazing or just doing nothing.

We are both happy by what we are right now. Everyday I'm falling deeper into the abyss of love. Love that  can be called as the deadliest poison, slowly consuming me. I let my guard down knowing I trusted the person much.

Danielle and I is not as showy as what other lovers are. Maybe because I never like romance. I want a relationship like somewhat a little bit similar to a friend. But even though, I can say that we both love each other. By the way how Danielle care for me, how he show his affection to me even in a simple way. Same goes to me. I might not be as shameless as him, saying words beyond character, but I really do love him more than myself.

Truly, days really past just like a wind and now it's already our first monthsary. It's the 24th day of November and I wanted to give him a gift. It is a necklace that engraved both mine and his name. I hope this small gift will make him happy.

" Nathan let's meet up at 7:00 pm, okay? I'll send someone to get you there. See you." A text from Danielle. A countable words yet can make my heart go on ecstasy.

" Okay " I replied. No matter how happy or exited I am I'm good at coveting it to calmness.

I look at my wristclock and it's still past afternoon. To kill my time, I help with household chores and spend some talking with my mom.

" 6:20, oh wtf it's already 6: 20 pm!" I hurriedly pull myself to prepare. It's my first time to experience this and I am about to fuck it!

I grab my simple suit. Which is the white T-shirt and a black pants with my black shoes. Black and white is my favorite color, so either you see me with a black dress or white.

" Nathan, the car is already waiting outside your house" I smile as I read his message. But since we are about to meet I just shove my phone back to my pocket.

I saw a blue car and there's a person waving his hand on me. I walk towards him with the smile on my face.

" Are you Nathan? " He said. I saw him holding one of my picture. I'm surprised that he have it , but I just let it be thinking that maybe Danielle give it to him.

" Ahhmm, yes" Talking to people I barely know is really irritating. I don't know how to create a long conversation.

" Common in, I'll be your chauffeurs for this moment" The guy then open the door to let me in.

The drive is smooth. I just observe how the gigantic buildings twinkle as we run pass through it. The breathtaking beauty of the night city is indeed admirable.

The car suddenly stop. " We are here" said by the driver with all the enthusiat. " Thank you" saying thank you is really my thing to express my gratitude.

I froze the moment I open the door. At the open yards of the small resto, I saw Danielle kissing with a woman. Even with the distance I'm definitely sure it's Danielle. I can hear the dazzling music as they dance to the dance floor while their hand intertwined with each other. They look at each other's eyes with passion.

" Great! Great!" I repeated myself like it's a mantra. I should have known! What a pity that I'm always stupid and ignorant. Tears is now forming at my eyes like a heavy clouds that is about shower the world. I smile at how foolish I was.

Without even thinking, I walk hurriedly as much as I can.

" Nathan! Nathan wait!" I know just by his voice who is it. The person that I have given my whole trust and loved. I'm so pathetic, I shouldn't have believe him! I shouldn't have loved him.

I wipe all the traces of agony on my face before I stop, and turn myself to face him. I saw him running towards me.

" You stay right there. I am just waiting for a cub to go home. You can go back now" I maintain my voice as calm as possible.

" Please let me explain Nathan. What you sa_"

" Stop it Danielle! Please stop! I don't want to hear your lies again. Please leave me alone, I'm begging you " I didn't let him to finish himself. I don't want to be fooled again.

Love is indeed nice and happy. But at the same time it can kill you instantly. The ' me ' that I hardly created to become who am I today begun to shatter into pieces.

As I recall those short time I spend together with Danielle. I can't help to mocked myself. Is he cheating me all those time? How hilarious could it be! Those smile that I believe was real!, Those sweet words that I thought was genuine, was just all a product of lies.

" Honey, who is that?" A woman stand beside Danielle said. This is the woman whom he shared kisses earlier.

The woman scanned me from head to toe. There's an evil glint on her eyes. Her thin red lips form smirk, like she is mocking my current state. I can see that this woman is just as wicked as other people!

" Hi I'm Stella, Stella Guevarra. I'm his wife . Nice meeting you. Are you Danielle's friend? You are?" seeing Danielle didn't answered her question. She just give herself her own introduction. Her voice was filled with malicious intent.

" HAHAHA I'm just an insignificant person Mrs. Guevarra. I'll excuse myself. Enjoy your night." I know that she is just pretending to be nice. I know that behind those beautiful face, is a monster. And I have enough with this kind of people.

" Nathan! Please! " Danielle called me once again but I just ignore it. I felt so broken. I hate you! I hate you with all my heart! On this lifetime may our way will never crossed again.

I held the box on my hand tighter as I run faster. It's the necklace that I suppose to give him as a gift. And it's seems no used to me anymore. It will be a Fossil for tomorrow to my now dying heart. A Fossil that will help me to remember the moment I lost my trust, my love and my wishful delusion that people are nice and wonderful.

Tears is over flowing in my eyes. I lost track with my own emotions. The beautiful flower blossom inside me faded it's color and flickers away. Butterfly dies and I was left alone in the paradise we've created.

I'm a fool and will be forever a fool. No matter how I change my life, how I change myself it will just forever end like this. Pain is consuming my sanity. The feeling of being betrayed is boiling inside me.

The adrenaline inside me becomes more active and I seems like floating into nothingness. I felt numb all over my body. I'm immune with the pain, but betrayal is just too much for me to handle.

I'm blinded with some light so I stop my feet to run. I adjusted my eyesight just to see a huge track hurriedly approaching me. The buzzing sound of the track awaken me me from my so called slumber. Just then I realized that my life is over. I smile as I embrace the necklace as I close my eyes. ' sorry mom and dad. I may be selfish but this is fated to happen.'

" Nathan ! Noooooooooo!" It's too late for my body to avoid the attack. I open my eyes just to  see Danielle is on the other side of the highway and I'm in the middle. He shouted in horror and he is crying with despair. I just smiled towards him. ' I hope you will be happy forever. And in another life, we should never meet again.'

A strong force hit me. Pain overpowered my being and I seems so helpless. I'm dying! I'm finally dyin_.