CHAPTER 10- New Relationships

The following day I decided to go to school. The day went by surprisingly fast, Laurel was really happy to see me back in school sooner than she had expected. Some students asked why I wasn't in school the other day.

Everyone was really nice. For a moment I forgot just how fake a lot of them really were. Being able to read people's minds did have it's perks, I knew exactly who was being sincere and who wasn't.

The story I told was that I'd gone to the green house to look for a particular plant that I wanted to write on and I stepped on a broken piece of glass that had broken off the building's glass wall, so I got injured but luckily for me Aiden just happened to be  around and he helped me.

I could still remember how the girls had sighed with dreamy eyes while they spoke about how brave and awesome Aiden was. Although I still don't see what's brave about carrying an injured girl out of school. It's not like there was a fire or the building was collapsing or he'd had to fight some goons to rescue me. These girls really are drama queens.

With the story I had given practically everyone in school, I needed to see Aiden to ensure that he said the same.

Even though I hadn't said anything, I had a feeling that he knew that something had happened before I had taken shelter in the greenhouse. He'd seemed so angry when he came in and saw me.

That being thought, I waited by his locker after school. I knew he was smart enough to not go blabbing about whatever he might've seen or heard, but his expressions or if his story differed from mine too much could get people to suspect that there was something we were hiding.

Adrian had been wrong yes, but he wasn't exactly himself when he did what he did. So I didn't want to pin him as my culprit, I understood that there was someone else behind it but people wouldn't share my understanding especially if I had no evidence.

“You're in my way” a voice said and interrupted my thoughts.

I looked back and realised I was indeed leaning directly against his locker. I moved aside as I muttered an apology. I waited patiently as I watched him put his books away.

How do I tell him? I asked myself, should I first ask him what he knows? Or rather if he knows anything?

“Do you want something?” Aiden asked looking at me with blank eyes.

“No, uh no, I mean yes... Umm” Relax I told myself as I tried not to look into his intimidating eyes. “You came to help me the other day and while I'm very grateful for that I can't help but ask, how did you even know I was in there? You didn't seem surprised to find me there”

“I dunno, I've seen a lot, finding you injured wasn't surprising” He said dryly. His answer was so strange like what normal person would react the way he had after finding an injured person. He asked no questions, he just automatically knew what to do. Hmm... Just like a robot.

“But umm, how'd you find me?” I asked again pushing for a clear answer.

He sighed and closed his eyes before speaking again “Look, I saw you running and you didn't look too good so I followed you that's it. I have no idea why you were running away in the first place...” He finished slowly as he looked me dead in the eyes. He was trying to get the truth out of me.

“Well since you've told me now my doubts are cleared. It's just that a bunch of people have been asking how I got hurt and I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page”

“Hmm”

“What” I asked already walking towards the schools entrance. He followed me and I feared he would keep pestering me about what had actually happened.