𝐄 𝐏 𝐈 𝐋 𝐎 𝐔 𝐆 𝐄

One year later :

One year later :

Rashmeet counted from one to five and opened the door entering in. The room was dark and meera was sleeping peacefully. He switched on the table lamp and sat besides meera. Kissing her cheeks , he whispered in her ears , " Happy first wedding anniversary my angel! I love you so much! " And then slowly she turned opening her eyes , looking at him. Smiling at him , she sat on the bed.

" Huh.. is it 12 already? " she asked looking defeated. He smiled.

" It's fine. I saw you sleeping peacefully so I didn't wake you up. " He said and she pouted sadly. She knew the day , she had constantly reminded herself to stay awake but didn't knew how she ended up sleeping. Nowadays , she felt too sleepy and fatigued. She wasn't feeling much well , and Rashmeet couldn't understand why. Seeing her sleep so serenely he didn't disturb her.

" Happy anniversary! " She chirped clapping her hands and kissed his cheek. He bought the small chocolate cupcake he made and together they blew the candle. Rashmeet took the piece to her mouth and she took a bite. She fed him too. He leaned down and kissed her lips.

" So yummy!! Do you have more!? " She asked licking her lips. Rashmeet laughed and nodded. " I will bring them " he said and left the room.

Both their phones pinged with notifications for wishes. She smiled looking at the screen , which had their cute couple wallpaper. She enjoyed the three cupcakes he made for her. Rashmeet kissed her forehead and left for shower.

Meera peeped again to see the washroom door locked and the shower on. She tip toed to the wardrobe and took out the envelope. Kissing it , she smiled and touched it to her heart. Hiding it below her pillow she sat on the bed nervously waiting for him to come.

Rashmeet was baffled to her still awake. He thought she might be asleep , because she did it often. She smiled awkwardly looking at him. He joined her in bed and narrowed his eyes at her.

" Meera? " He called her five times but she was lost in her own thoughts. Apparently thinking how to tell him.

" Huh...yes "

" What happened? "

" I want to show you something " she said biting her lips.

" Okay? "

She took the envelope and handed him. He eyed it and read. For moments , his eyes pondered on the paper , his expressions changing from confused , nervous and finally to joyous. She had her fingers crossed for his reaction.

" Meera...I...this...you.. " he couldn't utter words as he cried tears of joy. He looked at the paper and the kit again and smiled. Meera's eyes watered looking at him.

" Yesss... Rashmeet! " She said smiling taking his hands in hers.

" Really? Are we...are we going to be parents?? " He exclaimed euphorically looking at her.