Tender & Care; Chapter 4

POV; Angelique

I felt my face heat up a little as I count ours to stare in confusion.

This random stranger, clearly a human, was helping me? Not to mention complemented me? That's a first. Actually fuck that being down here on earth is a first for me.

I kept my guard up, but then again. Nothing I could do to defend myself even if I needed to, I broke my wing when I fell and it got crushed by a tree branch, not to mention my ankle felt like it was busted.

"Hello??? I said what hurts, also what's your name?" The stranger asked, pulling some bandages and some weird ointments out of her bag.

I stared at what she'd grabbed and replied, "uh...my right wing and my left ankle, my names Angelique, you?" I asked, as the stranger crawled closer to me.

"I'm Shyann, now listen this may hurt a bit but it'll help" Shyann replied, going behind me and putting some of the ointment on her hands.

I suddenly feel a wave of pain from my wings as she begins stroking my injured wing, rubbing the ointment all over it.

I winced in pain and shivered, she then began to wrap my wing with a bandage, once finished she admired her work then moved back in front of me to my ankle.

As she rubbed some ointment on my ankle and wrapped it up with bandages, as she did for my wing, I gaze at her face, unable to see it because of her looking down. Once she was done I grab her face and lift it up and look at her.

She was quite attractive, she had green lush Forrest eyes, with brown hair and brown freckles covering her face.

I took in all of her features when suddenly I felt a hand on mine, noticing she'd place her hand on the one I have on her face, we stared at eachother awkwardly.

"Your injured pretty bad, Ang, I'm going to bring you to my home, I hope you like pumkin pie cause that's what I bought for dinner tonight." Shyann said climbing to her feet.

She reached down and pulled me to my feet, I winced in pain as she did. She pulled me closer to her so I was able to lean on her, making the pain more bearable.

I took this as a chance to look at what she was wearing. She was wearing brown overalls over a white shirt, with green striped sleeves and green and white striped socks. The green went well with her eyes I must admit.

"Wait pumkin pie?" I ask realising what she had said, "yes, indeed friend!" She replied with a soft smile.

I was speechless. I'd never had a friend, mostly because back at heaven everybody was just fake, plastic. But this human girl, seemed genuine.

I smiled back at her, "I love pumkin pie!" I replied, "good to hear Ang, cause I bought plenty of it, hope your hungry" Shyann replied with a smug look.

"I could eat the souls of the innocent THATS how hungry I am!" I exclaimed as we walked through the Forrest, she simply giggled in reply.

This girl was something else, and I love it.