The First Bloody Angel In A Long Time; Chapter 14

Shyann's POV;

Angelique had repositioned me, so my face was close to hers. I felt my cheeks burn up as she began caressing my bottom lip with her thumb gently, gazing into my eyes.

I gazed straight back at her, into her deep brown chocolate eyes as the house not far from us burned.

"Can I...?" She asked, "yes, yes you can" I replied, "wait no, we have to get away from here they could see us" Angelique said, flying back to the treehouse.

Once we were back at the treehouse, we landed on the roof gently.

Angelique almost immediately went back to caressing my bottom lip with her thumb, staring into my eyes deeply.

"There's a chance you could be destroyed and cease to exist, or there is a chance you'll become something more powerful and dangerous and never get to feel real emotions for anybody again if this doesn't work out" Angelique warned, "it's worth it to kiss you" I replied.

Angelique gently kissed me, everything about the kiss was perfect. Her soft lips against mine, the night sky in the backround, the burning house in the distant, everything about this girl in front of me was perfect.

Once we pulled away for breath, I felt a sharp pain in my back and gasped, stumbling and falling over, luckily Angelique caught me, steadying me.

"Well your not destroyed, think you can handle the pain of the wings forming?" Angelique asked, "it'll only take acouple days I'll be fine!" I smiled.

Angelique picked me up and slung me over her shoulder, carrying me bridal style. She took me downstairs and placed me in the bed gently. "You rest, it'll be less painful if you sleep all the time, I'll tell the others what's going on so they don't bother you" Angelique said, tucking me in and kissing me on the cheek, I nodded and rolled onto my side.

Angelique went downstairs as I fell asleep.