chapter 1 {how it began}

[warning: the book contains mentions of torture, rape, selfharm and includes smut.]

*at the hydra base*

"are you ready y/n" you lift your head up and see a hydra agent stand before you, your hands are tied above you and your feet barely touch the ground. the metal around your wrists pushes deep into your flesh. you feel weak and can barely move. you're a little out of breath "ready as always" you say with all the strength that's left in you. you hold on to the metal around your wrist as the first shock goes thru you, you bite your tong knowing screaming does nothing. "good girl" the hydra agent says. "shall we pick it up a notch" he said grinning. "do your worst" you answer. "ah there is the feisty y/n we know, but i think we take the knives out for old times' sake". you look shocked at the hydra agent before you. "don't be scared darling, you know how this goes, the only difference is that HE is not going to be here to fix you up afterwards" he said smiling enjoying every moment of torturing you. it's been 3 years since you last saw the winter soldier. hydra made you fight him over and over, if you could beat him they promised you, you could go home but if he beat you, you were punished and told to try again next time. the point was you could never beat him. "now you know how this goes" the hydra agent said stripping you of your clothes. " such a shame you're so pretty, but who could ever love a broken girl like you" he said grinning while he let his hand slide over your nipple. you just watch in fear, knowing what will come next. he picked up a knife and sliced it over your back. you tried to hold in the scream, your eyes began to water. he made another cut way deeper than the one before and you couldn't help but scream in pain. "music to my ears darling, I can never get enough of it" he said. "you're a fucking psychopath" you scream at him. "perhaps I am" the agent said laughing cutting you again, and again, and again. your screams echoed thru the room. and you felt yourself growing weaker and weaker, until you started to pass out. before you completely lost conscious you heard guns going off in the distance. with all the strength in you, you opened your eyes a little bit and saw a guy with a shield in his hands storm into the room, than everything went black.

you slowly opened your eyes, you were laying in a hospital bed hooked up on machines. you knew this wasn't a hospital, it looked more like a prison cell. you looked at your arms, you could still see the marks on your wrist that the handcuffs left behind. suddenly you hear footsteps coming from down the hall. you didn't think for a second and pulled out the hospital equipment that you were hooked on, and you quickly hid under the bed hoping whoever walked down the hall wouldn't see you. the footsteps became louder and louder and stopped before the door. you held your breath hoping they would think you were gone. the person opened the door and stepped in the cell. "you know there are camera's in here right" a man's voice said. "were not going to hurt you, do you want to come out from under the bed, I just wanna talk" you were too afraid to answer at first. "were not going to hurt you, you're save here" the man said calmly. knowing you're trapped anyway you decided to answer. "that's actually what they said too, before torturing me" you replied to the man. "they as in hydra" the man said. "how do you know that name" you asked the man shocked that he even knew about their existence, because hydra was supposed to be a secret organization. "a friend of mine was taken by hydra too" the man said. you came out from under the bed, trusting the man a little more now. you looked up at him, he was tall had a lot of muscles and had the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen.

 you looked up at him, he was tall had a lot of muscles and had the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen

"hi I'm Steve, Steve rogers" he said smiling kindly to you. "can you tell me your name" he asked "y/n" you said getting a little lost in his eyes. "nice to meet you y/n, do you have a surname" he asked "I uhh, I can't remember" you said looking to the ground still a bit scared of what was going to happen to you. "well y/n you're save here, we rescued you from that hydra base" he said calmly. "who is we and where is here exactly" you asked him. "we, the avengers and you're in our avengers headquarters" he said smiling proudly. "the avengers?" you asked him confused. "yeah you know heroes fighting to save the world and stuff" he looked a bit confused that you haven't heard of them. "oh wait you are the guys with the star shields, one of you kicked the door in at the hydra" you said. "yes that was me with the shield, they call me Captain America, and with some other people we fight the bad guys, we have the hulk big green guy, Natasha also known as black widow she's really good at fighting. then we have Thor the literal god of thunder, Clint or Hawkeye he's a good sharpshooter with his bow and arrow and we have tony known as iron man." he said explaining to you "tony?" you asked him. "yes does that ring a bell" he said looking at you hopeful. "I think so, I don't know. hydra fucked with my mind so i don't remember a lot." you say looking to the ground. "that's okay" Steve said. "it will probably come back to you in time." "I hope so" you said. "come with me we prepared a room for you, so we can keep a close eye on you until you feel better." he said "i actually feel fine." you said back hoping he would just let you go. "it's also to protect you from hydra" he said knowing you didn't fully trust him yet. "they're still alive" you asked panic showing in your eyes. Steve walked up to you and grabbed your hands and rubbed them softly with his thumbs. "don't worry you're save here i promise".