Above 04

"Mr. Pridonte and Ms. Limanto, you're both late."

Yeah, we are late. It's because we argued earlier about that history and we didn't notice the time.

I sighed. "I'm sorry, Miss. I just have an emergency. I just dragged Jack with me. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you earlier," I said politely. Oh, I lied politely.

"Huh?" I heard Jack whispered.

"Next time, tell me if you have an emergency. I will understand. Go back to your seats now," Miss Marquez said so I nodded.

"We're sorry, again, Miss," I said and hold Jack on his wrist so we could go to our seats.

I met James' stares. His eyes were questioning but I just shook my head and continued walking. I let go of Jack's wrist and sat on my chair.

"Just go to your seat, Jack," I whispered when I saw him about to talk. He sighed and went to his chair.

I just listened. Just listened, not attentively. I'm not that so smart and bookish but I study well.

I noticed that Cray is not on her mood. She's so serious. And, Grey looks bothered. Are they still not okay?

"Ms. Limanto, give me one unique characteristic of the planet Earth."

I blinked and looked at Miss. I stood up and cleared my throat. "Ahm, it's our life support system?" I said or more like I asked. I'm not sure.

Miss nodded. "Very good," she said and smiled at me. I sat on my chair again. "Ms. Limanto is correct. This planet is every individual's life support system. It consists of oxygen that we breathe..."

I sighed and focused on the class. I looked at my side when someone poked me. "Yes?" I asked Kurt and raised a brow at him.

He chuckled silently. "Wala lang. Gusto ko lang manggulo," he said and looked at his front again.

I almost rolled my eyes. My gaze shifted to the man beside him. He's looking at me with his brows furrowed.

'Bakit?' He mouthed.

I shook my head and looked to the front again. The discussion went on and she gave a surprise quiz. Damn, I just got 7 out of 10.

Pasang-awa, sis.

"Bakit ganoon ang idinahilan mo?" Jack asked right after the teacher went out of the room. He's standing in front of me with his bag hanging on his shoulder while I'm still sitting.

"Duh, it's a good lie. You should thank me," I said and stood up.

"Hindi ka dapat nagsisinungaling. Masama 'yon," he said.

My lips parted as I looked at him. "Seriously?"

He, then, grinned. I rolled my eyes. "Hindi, joke lang. Salamat nga pala. Libre gusto mo?" He asked.

My lips rose. "What food?"

He smiled. "Food... Hmm, hindi tayo sa mga restaurant, ha? Baka maubos allowance ko. Pwedeng mga turo-turo?"

I chuckled. "I'd love to, Jack. But, I have plans today."

He shot a brow up. "Date? With your bub?"

I pursed my lips. "The four of them, actually. We'll eat outside so I cannot join you."

He pouted. "Next time?"

I laughed. "If libre pa rin, why not?" I teased and worn my bag.

We started walking outside. We even passed by to Cray and Grey who were like lovers having a quarrel and they're trying to fix it.