Chapter 2

" Wow... It is really a Grim...old place " Percy said sarcastically  when battered door emerged out of nowhere between numbers eleven and thirteen, followed swiftly by dirty walls and grimy windows. It was as though an extra house had inflated, pushing those on either side out of its way.

Percy knew the headquarters of the Order of Phoenix was a old place belonged to Black family which Sirius allowed to use as a headquarters for the order but Percy didn't know the place would live up to its name . 

The place reminded Percy of the old house from a Dracula movie .  

"Shhh not in open " Moody hissed dragging his wooden leg followed by Lupin  . 

Percy saw Lupin tapping his wand at newly materialized door. Its black paint was shabby and scratched. The silver door knocker was in the form of a twisted serpent. 

Once they entered the house Moody lifted the disillusionment Charm from Harry . He heard a soft hissing noise and then old-fashioned gas lamps sputtered into life all along the walls, casting a flickering insubstantial light over the peeling wallpaper and threadbare carpet of a long, gloomy hallway, where a cobwebby chandelier glimmered overhead and age-blackened portraits hung crooked on the walls. 

There were hurried footsteps and Ron's mother, Mrs. Weasley, emerged from a door at the far end of the hall. She was beaming in welcome as she hurried toward them. 

She pulled Harry towards a bone crushing hug and gushed "Oh, Harry, it's lovely to see you!" before holding him at arm's length and examining him critically. "You're looking peaky; you need feeding up, but you'll have to wait a bit for dinner, I'm afraid. . .  " 

She looked around and hurried towards Percy when her eyes landed on him " Oh Percy , it's good to  -----" whatever she about to continue was interrupted by a  ear splitting scream causing everyone to clutch their ears . 

Once the scream stopped Mrs. Weasley muttered tiredly " Not again " as she began to scurry up the stairs followed by Lupin . 

"Filth! Scum! By-products of dirt and vileness! Half-breeds, mutants, freaks, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers —"

Percy rushed up the stairs still clutching his ears , saw Mrs.Weasley and Lupin tugging at the screen but it wouldn't budge . 

The portrait screeching like a banshee was of an old woman whose yellow skin stretched as she was screaming waking up all other portraits along the stairway to scream along with her .

Percy took out his wand , yelling on of his favourite spells " Aqua eructo " aiming at the banshee woman causing her to shut up momentarily . 

But that distraction was enough for Mrs.Weasley and Lupin to shut up the curtains tightly over the woman's face effectively silencing her . 

Percy winced rubbing his ears " I had never seen a banshee in my life and I am not looking forward for it " . 

Harry chuckled on  hearing that who was also rubbing his ears wincing occasionally . 

"Hello, Harry,"  a voice said grimly, "I see you've met my mother."

Percy turned towards the source of voice and saw a man with long dark hair , leaning on a door crossing his arms across his chest . 

Harry's face brightened up with delight on seeing the man momentarily forgetting about the dementor attack , the hearing and other craps , throwing himself at the man in a hug who grinned happily accepting it gladly . 

Percy remembered seeing the man before when he was eavesdropping at the infirmary but he looked different now , the last time Percy saw him he had hollow cheeks and dark bags under his eyes , he looked ten years older than his age but he looked better now .